Rents, leases, and sells Caterpillar Power equipment in an assigned geographic territory. Salesperson must be able to effectively service the rental and sales needs of current and prospective customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Embrace and promote safety culture
• Develop a strong positive relationship with customers. Meet and exceed customer expectations
• Develop market territory
• Prospect for new customers
• Be available to respond to customers emergency situations
• Have knowledge of and keep current on the economic market, competition and project data
• Maintain accurate customer information in our database.
• Understand current merchandising programs and promotions.
• Utilize software and online tools to create and maintain accurate records of customer calls, customer files and sales activity.
• Prepare reports as required
• Attend all scheduled meetings, functions and other mandatory training classes
• Must be a team player
• Other duties as assigned
• Knowledgeable of power generation, air compression and HVAC field
• Understand CAT and competitive equipment’s model designations and applications.
• Comprehensive knowledge of equipment specifications and catalogs
• Must have construction industry experience working with general contractors, electrical contractors or mechanical contractors
• Must have experience working with temporary power (generators)
• Ability to understand and read single-line drawings is a plus
• Basic math skills
• Read, write and speak English fluently
• Strong initiative
• Ability to multi task and stay on top of job
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Develop proficiency in CRM, DBS and Infocast system
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Professional, dynamic and high energy individual
• Must be available for frequent overtime as required, including weekends
• Great attendance, dependable
• Acceptable Driving Record
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or related experience or an equivalent education and experience combination
• A minimum of 3 years of sales experience in the equipment rental business is required