Field sales position covering a specified geographical area. Direct sales of Caterpillar Portable Power Generators, HVAC, and Compressors. Assisting customers with specification requirements and total account management responsibilities.
• Develop market territory
• Prospect for new customers
• Have knowledge of and keep current on the economic market, competition and project data
• Maintain accurate customer information in our database.
• Understand current merchandising programs and promotions.
• Develop a strong positive relationship with customers. Meet and exceed customer expectations
• Utilize software and online tools to create and maintain accurate records of customer calls, customer files and sales activity.
• Prepare reports as required
• Attend all scheduled meetings, functions and other mandatory training classes
• Other duties as assigned
• Be available to respond to customers emergency situations
• Embrace and promote safety culture
• Must be a team player
• Knowledgeable of power generation, air compression and HVAC field
• Understand CAT and competitive equipments model designations and applications.
• Comprehensive knowledge of equipment specifications and catalogs
• Must have construction industry experience working with general contractors, electrical contractors or mechanical contractors
• Must have experience working with temporary power (generators)
• Ability to understand and read single-line drawings is a plus
• Basic math skills
• Read, write and speak English fluently
• Strong initiative
• Ability to multi task and stay on top of job
• Excellent customer service skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Develop proficiency in CRM, DBS and Infocast system
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Professional, dynamic and high energy individual
• Must be available for frequent overtime as required, including weekends
• Great attendance, dependable
• Acceptable Driving Record
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree or related experience or an equivalent education and experience combination
• A minimum of 3 years of sales experience in the equipment rental business is required