Western States Fire Protection (WSFP) and its subsidiaries are more than a company. We are a family of unique individuals committed to our purpose, our values, and each other and we believe in making our own luck, creating our own opportunities. WSFP accomplishes this by constantly innovating, finding ways to create new value and seizing new opportunities.
Protecting lives and property since 1985, WSFP and its subsidiaries specializes in Life Safety Systems. Our values are simple: integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, commitment.
What we offer:
The individual in this position is responsible for the coordination and supervision of the Company Health and Safety Program and Policies as well as any job specific requirements. The individual will plan, lead, and direct the Health and Safety Policies and Procedures to the branch location(s) and execute other assigned duties. This individual communicates all branch safety and risk data to the area manager. This position will be based out of the Hayward, CA Office.
• Promote by example our company values which are integrity, quality, safety, professionalism, and commitment;
• Promote our mission statement which is “Quality solutions for the protection of lives and property, providing an exceptional value to the customer”.
• Ensure compliance with State and Federal safety regulations, Job Specific and WSFP company safety programs and policies.
• Prevent and mitigate employee injuries and illnesses.
• Be a trustworthy individual as there is not a lot of direct supervision.
• Assist in accident investigations and return to work programs.
• Complete pre-job, pre-bid, pre-qualification forms on a needed basis.
• Maintain a current calendar showing future jobsite and/or branch visits.
• Establish and participate in The Branch Safety Committees.
• Develop personal business plan on an annual basis.
• Perform multiple job site and facility safety inspections/audits on a weekly basis.
• Serve as the on-site safety coordinator for special projects when necessary.
• Prevent accidents, injuries and claims by being visible in the field and walking jobs approximately 60% or more of your time.
• Be available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week for on call service to the braches you serve.
• Assist branch and field management to promote effective safety programs at branches and job sites.
• Develop and deliver Safety Training as mandated by Federal, State, Local and Company Programs.
• Willing to anticipate, develop, implement and measure hazard controls and programs.
• Inspire and coach employees to accomplish safety goals.
• Willing to maintain confidentiality in regards to injuries and claims.
• Take on a proactive, rather than reactive, approach in claims and injury reduction.
• Other duties may be assigned as company needs dictate and increasing skill level is demonstrated.
• Minimum of 5 years construction safety/risk experience is mandatory
• Degree in Safety and Health, Safety Engineering, or related field is preferred
• 3 years of Management experience
• Approved OSHA 500 trainer
• Professional registration/certification (CSP, ARM, and/or CIH certification preferred)
• Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint as well as BlueBeam Revu PDF is preferred
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Able to review, analyze and discuss safety/risk information and/or data, with or without reasonable accommodation
• Willing to work effectively with a team
• Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
• Handle multiple tasks and complex situations
• Willing to pass a pre-employment drug test, background and reference check
All qualified applicants with Western States Fire Protection Company will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor