WHO WE ARE:
NRC is a global leader in the provision of diversified environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE AT NRC?
- We have a solid reputation that sets the bar high in our industry
- We’ve successfully developed a network of clients who value our services
- Industry knowledge and wealth of operation experience which allows us to provide a broad range of environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions and products
- An unyielding commitment to maintaining the highest operation and safety standards
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of NRC are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. NRC provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and much more!
We are currently seeking a Resources Manager to join our growing team!
The Resources Manager will provide direct supervision of field employees. Key support role to assisting Operations Managers, GM and SVP of West Region through support operations regarding dispatching, DOT compliance, equipment tracking, warehousing etc. Adhere to and optimize strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations. Position will maintain the highest standard of excellence the company requires for its employees and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision and support of personnel assigned to Dispatch, Equipment/Fleet maintenance and Yard/Warehouse Operations.
- Provide support to field operations (Supervisors/PM’s) as needed.
- Works in conjunction with others to Ensures Drivers are DOT compliant in all aspects required and maintains complete and accurate Driver Qualification Files.
- Works in conjunction with others for the successful completion of all DOT based audits.
- Will ensure the sharing of resources directing Dispatch in communications efforts regarding availability and projects.
- Ensures proper training of personnel to include safety standards, policies and procedures.
- Grows and develops personnel through proper training, direct communication (written/verbal) including required corrective action, positive feedback and scheduled review process to maximize employee performance and maintain qualified personnel.
- Must enforce company standards of conduct/dress code.
- Will assist and review paperwork (DWR’s) turned into to dispatch to assure that the hourly work force is signing for any and all hours worked (time reporting/verification of hours).
- Will immediately report any incidents or accidents to the Health and Safety Manager. Must also assist and help enforce safety requirements for the hourly work force.
- Establishes priority schedule to complete assigned tasks. Problems lacking clear precedent or disputes in personnel or equipment are reviewed with Ops Managers before actions are taken.
- Ensures compliance with company, divisional, OSHA and DOT procedures.
- Works in conjunction with others to ensure timely submittal of project paperwork to alleviate conflicts arising from Operations not meeting Accounting, Payroll and Billing deadlines.
- Fills requests made by clients, PM’s and Supervisors for personnel and equipment. Also, tracks these assignments on a daily/weekly log or master board.
- Maintains company security policies and assists PM’s and Supervisors that no hourly employees, or her/his self, are misusing or abusing company equipment.
- Must take specific direction and adhere to requests made by Operations Manager then PM’s or Supervisors for job specific requests. Must directly inform the requestor of any and all changes and always keep the Ops Manager informed.
- Establishes priority schedule to complete assigned tasks that are requested by external clients and internal (Ops Manager, PM’s and Supervisors) clients. Problems lacking clear precedent or disputes in personnel or equipment are reviewed with immediate Supervisor and/or Ops Manager before action is taken.
- Hours for this position are expected to be 8 hours per day and start/end times will fluctuate based on schedule requirements. Position will also need to be available to assist in scheduling after hours incidents or changes in schedule. All hours worked must be recorded and accounted for.
- Must lead by example using strong communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management, personnel and clients/vendor/etc.
- Must respond to all communications in a timely manner and notify the Operations Manager or Division Manager when leaving site or arriving for work late.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience including development and management of personnel preferred.
- Clear understanding and requirements involving DOT and other regulatory compliance strongly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with vendors, clients and all levels of personnel.
- Ability to create and write SOPs.
- Ability to recognize areas needing improvement including but not limited to individual performance/operational deficiencies and source products/materials/equipment to provide training and/or enhance proficiency.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines as required.
- Ability to work as a team as well as take the lead.
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Ability to travel up to 10% within the domestic US.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verification, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verification throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
EOE‐Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities