The Resources Manager will provide direct supervision of field employees. Key support role to assisting Operations Managers, GM and SVP of West Region through support operations regarding dispatching, DOT compliance, equipment tracking, warehousing etc. Adhere to and optimize strict compliance with corporate/office policies and procedures, established health and safety protocols, and all applicable local, state, and federal regulations. Position will maintain the highest standard of excellence the company requires for its employees and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct supervision and support of personnel assigned to Dispatch, Equipment/Fleet maintenance and Yard/Warehouse Operations.
- Provide support to field operations as needed
- Coordinate with Compliance, HR, and Health and Safety to ensure Drivers are DOT compliant, including the maintenance of Driver Qualifications Files, and assist in DOT Audits
- Manages resource distribution, including equipment and personnel to meet project needs and maintain availability levels
- Ensures proper training of personnel to include safety standards, policies and procedures
- Responsible for the employee development of direct reports, including development of employees through training, corrective action, performance improvement plans, feedback, performance review, and policy enforcement.
- Work with operations, accounting, and payroll departments to assist with the review and processing of project paperwork and verification of employee payroll
- Immediately report injuries and incidents to appropriate parties, assisting with the enforcement of safety practices and policies
- Establishes priority schedule to complete assigned tasks, working with Operations and Project Managers to ensure adequate coverage
- Ensures compliance with company, divisional, OSHA and DOT procedures.
- Works in conjunction with others to ensure timely submittal of project paperwork to alleviate conflicts arising from Operations not meeting Accounting, Payroll and Billing deadlines.
- Track and fill requests made by Clients, as well as internal departments.
- Maintain security of the equipment in the yard, and work with other members of management and supervisory teams to avoid/eliminate the misuse or abuse of company equipment
- Must lead by example using strong communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management, personnel and clients/vendor/etc.
- Respond to all communications in a prompt manner
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years of related experience, ideally in Dispatch or Resource Management
- Prior experience with DOT regulations and requirements preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal with internal and external customers of all levels
- Ability to create and write SOPs
- Ability to recognize areas needing improvement including but not limited to individual performance/operational deficiencies and source products/materials/equipment to provide training and/or enhance proficiency
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines as required.
- Ability to work as a team as well as take the lead.
- Ability to work extended hours.
- Ability to travel up to 10% within the domestic US.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verification, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verification throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
EOE‐Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities