Established in 1987, Vali Cooper and Associates, Inc. (VC&A), is a leading construction management firm providing professional services to a wide range of public and private sector clients. With more than 180+ licensed engineers, inspectors, and other support professionals in 9 offices in California and Colorado. VC&A has the proven capabilities and consistency of service by local professionals to successfully manage the construction of virtually any project. For the past 15 years, VC&A has been listed by Engineering News-Record as one of the nation’s top 100 construction management firms.
We are seeking experienced Resident Engineers (RE) for future projects that will be responsible for the administration of the construction contract. All incoming and outgoing project documentation is channeled through the Resident Engineer, who has signatory authority for all project issuances to the client and contractor.
Candidate must have experience working in a team environment. Candidate must have the ability to direct and supervise field construction activities and staff, office engineering, inspection, materials testing, field contract administration, and to act as liaison with clients/owners, consultants, contractors, design professionals and regulatory agencies.
- Makes significant and final determinations regarding contract administration
- Maintains constructive relationships with the contractor and client
- Project safety –
- Conducts/attends bi-weekly Safety meetings
- Oversees and monitors the safety of VC&A personnel
- Monitors the contractor’s safety program
- Understands, interprets and makes sound engineering determinations regarding contract documents
- Exercises sound engineering judgment and follows through on determinations made during oversight of all field operations
- Resolves or facilitates the resolution of all discrepancies or problems with contract documents and issues arising from field operations
- Creates and maintains open and productive communications among subordinates, sub-consultants, VC&A management, contractors, clients and the public
- Verifies all contract documentation is generated timely and filed in proper order
- Receives and generates contract correspondence
- RE shall be either Registered Civil Engineers with a valid license in the state where the project is located with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in construction inspection, or have a minimum of 15 years’ construction experience.
- BS in Construction Management, Civil, or Structural Engineering as well as California Professional Engineer License is preferred.
- Experience working in an operating environment and familiar with public agencies preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
Vali Cooper & Associates, Inc. offers an attractive compensation package that is negotiable depending upon experience. In addition we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Life, AD&D, LTD, Medical, Dental, Vision & Long Term Care insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan including 401-k with matching funds feature
- Fitness program
- Educational & Professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for Membership in Professional Associations
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Program