The R&D Intern will work closely with the Research and Development and Application Engineering departments to assist with project related duties.
Essential Job Functions
- Design or actively participate in the design and component selection of analog and/or digital hardware electronics in the area of electronic access and motor control.
- Work with in-house designers and qualified suppliers to design, prototype, analyze, test and debug new products.
- Assist the R&D team with selection of the best and most suitable technology for a given project.
- Provide technical assessment of known technologies that are relevant to the operation and management of low voltage electronic devices.
- Explore the emerging alternatives to the existing technologies.
- Develop the necessary test plan for testing and validation of prototypes before mass production.
Essential Job Requirements
- Must have completed at least 3 years towards a degree in EE, Computer Science, Systems Engineering or equivalent
- Understanding of analog and digital circuit design and component selection
- Familiarity with embedded firmware and hardware development platforms
- Ability to setup Arduino-based prototypes
- General Firmware programming
- Writing and executing test plans
- Sound verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to work independently, take responsibility and follow-through all stages of operation
- Ability to solder surface mounted and through hole components (a plus)
- Development of Android and iPhone applications (a definite plus)
Job Type: Internship
Local candidates only:
- 2-3 years of electrical engineering school: 3 years