Holt of California is seeking a qualified Construction Equipment Sales Representative to sell equipment services to our customers and potential customers. EXPERIENCE WITH CONSTRUCTION EQUIPMENT SALES IS A PLUS.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop business relationships with customers as needed in order to generate rental volume. This includes all office personnel and jobsite personnel.
- Pursue all sales leads provided thru advertising, dodge reports, telemarketing, job listings, customer references, etc.
- Organize territory and account base, as needed, to provide adequate sales coverage and contracts to achieve desired results.
- Utilize territory management and daily planner to plan calls and track results.
- Utilize jobsite form to log all subcontractors and start dates and keep price quotes in same binder.
- Develop new accounts each month.
- Provide each new or perspective customer with credit applications and promotional material as required.
- Visit key office contacts within territory a minimum of twice per month.
- Cover jobsites including all subcontractors and general contractors.
- Telemarketing job leads before job starts. Pre-sell and identify who the key people will be on site.
- Provide leads to other reps as you hear of them from existing contacts.
- Participate in all sales meetings.
- Deliver equipment, as needed, with Company supplied vehicle.
- Check telephone logs/dispatch logs daily on the rental counter for new leads and equipment delivered in to your territory or to your customers.
- Work with sales coordinators to verify orders and invoice accuracy.
- Utilize all appropriate computer information to assist your sales efforts.
- Entertain customers as needed in developing rental relationships, use good judgment in determining level of expense.
Education and/or Experience
- Requires an AA degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school and/or one to two years’ of construction rental equipment sales experience.
- Good organizational and customer service skills
- Good selling/prospecting/closing skills
- Computer literacy, able to function on the internet and use basic programs such as Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite & Excel
The list of requirements, duties, and responsibilities listed above is by no means a complete list. It is merely a general summary for the position described. Management reserves the right to revise or change this position description at any time.
*Please note that we accept applications for this position on an on-going basis in order to build a talent pool of potential candidates. When a position becomes available, we will review applicants at that time.
Holt of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer.