Holt of California is seeking a qualified Equipment Hauling Lowbed Driver to drive a diesel powered tractor-trailer to transport rental equipment. Must have a clean valid California Class A driver’s license. MUST HAVE EXPERIENCE HAULING EQUIPMENT
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for loading and unloading plus using the correct tie down techniques
- Must complete pre trip and post trip inspection on truck per B.I.T. guidelines
- Complete delivery logs, delivery sheet and safety inspections daily
- Equipment must be delivered within established time frame
- Receives daily schedule from dispatcher
- Must be able to handle minor maintenance issues and fueling of trucks
- Driver should report any equipment malfunctions, damage, or safety issues to dispatcher or shop foreperson with 24 hours
- Must report accidents immediately to dispatcher and complete accident reports
- Responsible to have customers sign rental agreements on delivery. Damage to equipment must be pointed out to customer either upon delivery or return.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or GED and five years related truck/automotive experience. • Must have a valid California Drivers' Class A license and a clean DMV record. • Must have knowledge of DOT guidelines and California BIT program.