The Regional Service Manager for Power Systems is responsible for all of the service operations in the designated territory (Fresno/Bakersfield/Salinas/Oxnard). They will set the strategic direction for service in the region and have full P&L responsibility for the service results. As a senior member of the Power Systems leadership team, the Regional Service Manager will be expected to collaborate with their peers in regular leadership meetings with the Sales, Rental, Operations and Service Managers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Responsible for the overall financial performance that includes budgets and capital expenditures.
• Provide leadership direction to the entire service department. Communicate and effectively influence direct reports to develop good working relationships and teamwork.
• Communicate understanding and support of Quinn’s organizational goals. Interact effectively with individuals and groups throughout the company. Develop and maintain working relationships with departments and sister business units in order to improve the overall company performance.
• Responsible for employee satisfaction utilizing turn-over metric, employee surveys and developing successful action plans.
• Aligns, partners, and collaborates with assigned HR representative to proactively manage staffing, workforce development, employee communication, employee relations and support / develop business unit objectives.
• Maintain customer satisfaction with timely and accurate communication. Communicate with service customers, analyze service needs and review quotes when required.
• Mentor, coach and develop Service Supervisors, Coordinators, Technical staff and other direct and indirect reports as required.
• Provide goals and objectives including a training and development plan for all direct reports.
• Provide decision-making support to supervisors, coordinators and technicians in the analysis and resolution of product support issues.
• Effectively analyze and proactively seek out all options to provide the best solution for the customers and Quinn.
• Elevate customer or product support issues to General Manager when appropriate.
• Responsible and accountable for maintaining and promoting a safe work environment. Promote a Safety First culture and zero incident workplace. Identify and ensure all necessary safety training is performed in accordance with all regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
• Demonstrate and promote Quinn Company core values of Integrity, Teamwork, Safety, Respect, Relationships, Quality and Service.
• Travel to various branch operations in the region on a regular basis to meet with staff and develop relationships with other branch personnel.
• Demonstrate full competency and knowledge of the products we support and the services we provide.
Overall supervision of assigned Region in the Power Systems Service Department. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance using the PADS process; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree or Mechanical/Electrical discipline preferred and seven to ten years of power systems service management experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience to include management/supervisory, computer skills, and general mechanical and electrical aptitude and service capabilities.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others; Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings; Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Able to read and interpret written information.
Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests. Gives authority to work independently; Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; Provides recognition for results.
Inspires respect and trust; mobilizes others to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates. Develops workable implementation plans; Communicates changes effectively; Builds commitment and overcomes resistance; Prepares and supports those affected by change; Monitors transition and evaluates results; Effectively influences actions and opinions of others; Accepts feedback from others; Ads value by discovering ways to improve and promote quality.
Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
Understands business unit goals and objectives. Develops HR solutions and strategies in partnership with business unit to support organizational objectives and to take advantage of developing opportunities and changing market conditions; Displays willingness to make decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Undertakes self-development activities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance.