In order to apply for this position, please go to
- Responsible for safe operation of Jacobs Hall studios & equipment rooms, including general supervision and a safety trainings.
- Provides technical mentorship, and design and fabrication advice to undergraduate and graduate students, for a range of projects. 30% Fabrication Facility Operation & Maintenance:
- Responsible for equipment maintenance and operation, including any necessary repairs or upgrades.
- Responsible for ordering and installing new equipment.
- Orders parts and supplies and assists with maintenance of part and material inventories.
- 10% Technical academic support: *On a limited basis, may provide technical academic support for courses held in Jacobs Hall. This may include tasks such as preparing materials kits, or performing in-class or optional tutorials.
- 10% Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to serve as a mentor to diverse student population, embodying both enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Knowledge in how to relate to students (novice engineers and designers) and impart the best practices within the facilitative design and fabrication of complex class and extra-curricular projects.
- Extensive knowledge of safe shop practices, and how to effectively instruct and enforce those safe practices.
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner and to communicate very well with Faculty, Staff, and Students of diverse backgrounds.
- Competency in the areas of traditional and digital fabrication, such as use of CAD/CAM software, CNC machine operation, 3D printer operation and maintenance, electronics fabrication and testing.
- Competency in the areas of industrial and product design, including sketching, 3D modeling, and prototyping.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Bachelors degree in related area preferred. Salary & Benefits For information on the comprehensive benefits package offered by the University visit: