POSITION TITLE: R & D Equipment Specialist
REPORTS Manager, Performance Lab
BUSINESS AREA: Louisville Slugger
LOCATION: Loomis, CA
Louisville Slugger has a 133 year history of being the best in the game and every Composite and Aluminum bat produced for Louisville Slugger is designed right here in Roseville, CA. You get to be a part of ensuring that Louisville Slugger remains the most respected name in baseball and softball bats in the world.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to use your equipment and fabrication expertise to help us create new cutting edge, innovative composite designs and improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fabrication of new and / or upgrades to existing equipment, mandrels, tooling, etc. as needed for R&D, Testing and the Facility in accordance with supervisor and / or engineering teams expectations.
- Maintains operating condition of facilities and equipment completing both simple and complex repairs.
- Diagnose and repair electro-mechanical technical problems on machine shop and lab equipment including; lathes, encoders, PLC’s, light gates and pneumatic / hydraulic systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of programming, mechanical, electrical, carpentry, plumbing, welding and fabrication to complete projects as assigned.
- Conduct Preventative Maintenance on equipment as needed.
- Fabrication of new and / or modifications to existing bat development samples using various composite materials and alloys.
- Perform durability, performance and other testing of bat samples as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Associates Degree preferred
- 5-7 years related work experience
- Labview, Matlab or other script based programming knowledge required.
- PLC programming knowledge a plus.
- CAD or Solidworks program experience a plus.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Set up and manually operate mills, lathes, drill presses, welders, etc. to close tolerances.
- Ability to read and produce blue prints for parts and fixtures.
- Ability to complete projects based on rough concepts without the need for a detailed set of plans.
- Ability to work safely around high voltages up to 440 AC 3 Phase.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Organized and detail oriented