With a steady and growing backlog of work, we are excited to find the right person to join our growing team located in Santa Clara. We are a ISO 9001:2008 welding, machining, sheet metal and assembly shop located in Santa Clara, specializing in prototype, small run production welding and fabrication. We serve many industrial segments including the semi conductor, aerospace, armament, medical device, and automobile industries. We work with all types of metals, including steel, aluminum, stainless steel, nickel and titanium. We operate CNC equipment, sheetmetal forming equipment, and state of the art welding equipment.
The position is salaried, full time with medical, dental, and paid time off.
You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of tasks and develop your skills in many areas and will collaborate with talented people. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to make a valuable contribution to the organization and see projects through to their completion.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Manage incoming, in process and final inspection.
- Work independently to accomplish visual and dimensional mechanical inspection processes with minimal supervision to the highest quality department standard while adhering to best safety practices.
- Maintain ISO 9001:2008 certification and Quality Management Plan.
- Manage the Business Quality Management System and related processes.
- Serve as the point of contact for customer quality issues and audits.
- Manage and assist in internal and supplier audits.
- Manage and review customer complaints to determine corrective action, preventive action and recommend management action.
- Manage the RMA process.
- Manage and coordinate quality data collection, analysis and reporting.
- Propose and design inspection fixtures as needed.
- Manage calibration system.
- Desire to own decisions and take responsibility for outcomes.
- Willingness to continually embrace personal and professional development.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- A stable work history.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- AWS Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- Experience in precision welding, sheet metal, machining and assembly
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Experience maintaining ISO 9001 quality systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience in business quality management systems.
- Experience in quality system audits.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting management review meetings.
- BA/BS degree in engineering or other technical discipline preferred.