- CA |
- Jobs |
- Quality Inspector (electronics)
Quality Inspector (electronics)
Union City94587CAUSUnion City, CA
At Finelite, we design and manufacture premier lighting fixtures and systems that deliver superior lighting in the offices of leading companies such as Google, Yahoo, Oracle, ING and Symantec. We also provide schools and education facilities with state-of-the-art lighting that enhances the teaching environment, such as Stanford, Harvard, Microsoft New School in Philadelphia and hundreds of K-12 schools across the U.S.We do it all with a passion for the human scale aspect of lighting while achieving substantial energy savings along the way. Our design leadership is well recognized amongst architects and lighting designers, and acknowledged by government agencies and utilities. We are a profitable, privately owned company that strives to raise the bar in electrical lighting systems and we are poised to grow even more quickly as we capitalize on over 20 years of innovation and product leadership.
QC Inspector works under minimal supervision to ensure Finelite both receives and produces a high quality product by performing quality inspections, checks, tests, audits and sampling procedures against established criteria. Support the Quality Assurance Director by identifying areas where quality control can be improved. Works closely with Quality Engineering, Manufacturing, Design Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Purchasing and other Suppliers on quality related issues. May have the opportunity to assist Field Service Technicians in resolving customer issues.
- Perform component or finished goods inspections by using standard mechanical or electronic inspection or testing equipment. Gathers facts, determines root cause, identifies solutions, participates in implementation of the solution and verifies its effectiveness.
- Ensure controls are in place to prevent defects.
- Tracks and analyzes quality performance metrics and develop actions for continuous improvement. Evaluate problems and make initial recommendations for possible solutions to Manager.
- Create inspection instructions and document procedures as well as accurately document results of inspections and testing.
- Ensure nonconforming materials are clearly identified and kept separate from accepted materials.
- Enter inventory transactions required for all materials under control of QA.
- Work closely with Purchasing and Operations to promptly coordinate resolution of quality problems.
- Perform Receiving, In-Process and Finished Goods inspections on Finelite premises or at vendor locations, by using standard physical, mechanical, and electrical testing equipment, as well as visual inspection.
- Process receipts of materials returned from Customers (MRA's).
- Gather part numbers, quantities & disposition for vendor returns.
- Create and distribute Rejection Notices.
- Perform salvage operations such as sorting or rework when required.
- Maintain all controlled document files and test records in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conducts testing as required by UL or other regulatory requirements.
- Conduct projects in a timely manner consistent with objectives. Take the initiative to communicate project status to Manager.
- Maintain a professional and credible image with suppliers, consultants, and respect co-workers.
- Assists with implementation of quality improvement and may perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- AS in Electronics Technology or equivalent technical experience in a similar technical field.
- Minimum 2 years QC related experience in manufacturing. Experience or proven knowledge in electronic systems and in basic mechanical assemblies and fabrication highly desired.
- Must have valid Driver's License and clean DMV record.
- Ability to accurately use precision measurement instruments to conduct measurements and testing, discriminate between colors for wiring identification and paint color matching.
- Superior attention to detail essential along with the ability to follow procedures and maintain quality of products at all time.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills a must.
- Strong time and document management and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent manual dexterity and 20/20 (may be corrected) eyesight required.
- Must be capable of walking or standing the majority of the work period, frequent bending and squatting, and ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of LED, fluorescent lighting, and/or commercial electrical wiring a plus.
- Good computer skills and competent in Microsoft Office applications; ability to learn new skills and tasks as required.
- Process improvement experience in a manufacturing environment desired.