Duties Include (but not limited to):
- Forwards available inventoryitems by verifying stock; scheduling delivery.
- Verifies purchaserequisitions by comparing items requested to master list; clarifying unclearitems; recommending alternatives.
- Prepares purchase orders byverifying specifications and price; obtaining recommendations from suppliersfor substitute items; obtaining approval from requisitioning department.
- Obtains purchased items byforwarding orders to suppliers; monitoring and expediting orders.
- Verifies receipt of items bycomparing items received to items ordered; resolves shipments in error withsuppliers.
- Keeps information accessibleby sorting and filing documents.
- Provides purchasing planningand control information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data andtrends.
- Updates job knowledge byparticipating in educational opportunities.
- Accomplishes purchasing andorganization mission by company
- Candidates with Structural or Civil Engineering degrees are highly encouragedto apply.
- 0-2 years of experience in the steel fabrication and erection industry.
- Candidate who also speaks Mandarin & Cantonese is a plus.
- Strong organizational and management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multitask.