Exciting Things are Happening at NORESCO!
As one of the largest energy services companies in the U.S., NORESCO utilizes design-build and performance-based contracting vehicles to deliver energy and maintenance savings and significant infrastructure upgrades to existing facilities. NORESCO also provides build, own, operate and maintain (BOOM) services for central heating, cooling and power-generation systems. NORESCO’s Sustainability Services group offers a full suite of sustainable design consulting services, including energy auditing, commissioning and retro-commissioning, energy & daylighting analysis, LEED® certification consulting, and sustainability master planning.
What makes NORESCO unique is our ability to engineer and implement turnkey energy solutions that meet each customer’s individual needs. At NORESCO, we pride ourselves on the excellent relationships we maintain with our customers. We earn their trust and respect through listening and timely response to their needs and concerns. These relationships, along with pursuing and hiring the best people, are truly why NORESCO is a leader in the energy industry.
NORESCO is part of UTC Building & Industrial Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corporation.
Our Project Administration Group
At NORESCO our Project Administration Group is an integral part of the business development process. Project Administration Group members work closely with Account Executives, Project Developers, Engineers, Project Managers and Commissioning Agents to produce high quality, customer-focused proposals, construction deliverables and clos out documents.
Here is a look at the responsibilities for this position:
- Manage proposal collateral base, including a process for continuous improvement of boilerplate templates, references, employee resumes and other competitive proposal related collateral.
- Analyze solicitations (RFIs, RFQs and RFPs) and develop solicitation compliance strategy as well as preparation of a compliance matrix for each solicitation response.
- Participate in proposal kick-off meetings and progress meetings as required to monitor proposal progress and participate in formulation of response strategy.
- Work with project teams to ensure proposal responses exceed solicitation requirements.
- Interface with department heads and staff as necessary to address unique issues and supporting documentation requirements associated with solicitation response documents and audit reports.
- Oversee quality assurance review of solicitation response documents.
- Manage competitive proposal activities during proposal phase and post-submittal activities.
- Coordinate proposal efforts for major and/or multiple business opportunities that exist concurrently.
- Oversee project timelines for proposals, presentations and related documents and ensure the development process for each opportunity is followed.
- Interface with cross-functional teams to ensure all proposal, presentations and related documents are compelling and focused on the client's specific needs and requirements as well as the organization’s winning strategies.
- Coordinate kick-off, fact-finding and internal review meetings.
- Interview solutions teams, subject matter experts and other company resources to develop and write compelling, cohesive, concise, creative and original responses to opportunity-related documents.
- Construct and write sections of the proposal to ensure thoroughness.
- Ensure final proposals comply with all solicitation requirements (i.e. technical requirements, dates, etc.)
- Maintain a high level of technical knowledge of new media/software applications and technologies to continually enhance creativity of proposals.
- Establish proposal processes and systems for use across organization.
- Recommend improvements in the proposal documentation processes to improve quality and reliability.
Here is a look at the requirements for this position:
- 8+ years of experience in proposal management.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability.
- Bachelor’s Degree in English, Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or other suitable academic discipline.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.