Kal Krishnan Consulting Services, Inc. (KKCS), a California Corporation, is a full-service engineering & design, construction management, and program management organization. The firm has grown steadily in size and capability since its founding in 1987, and today employs more than 85 professionals in our regional offices. KKCS has attracted to its staff a full complement of highly experienced, talented, and dedicated professionals who bring a collaborative, integrated team approach to our clients’ projects.
KKCS experience includes work on rail, airports, ports, freeways, schools, universities, facilities, water, wastewater, bridges, and roadways. Our client list includes federal agencies, state agencies, regional agencies, and private clients. KKCS has broad experience and expertise in engineering design, project management and project controls services.
The KKCS culture is rooted in the ideals of integrity, safety, diversity, and ethical business practices, which is a commitment shared by all KKCS employees throughout our offices and project sites around the country. We have a positive impact on the communities we serve by not only improving infrastructure but also providing service at a relatively low cost to the taxpayer. This allows for more money to be available to the agencies we serve, that inevitably will be reinvested in the community. At KKCS, we value the individual employee and the importance of their contributions toward quality improvement.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
KKCS is seeking an experienced-level construction scheduler for a full-time Project Scheduler opening in Los Angeles, CA. The position is anticipated to start as soon as possible.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Independently interprets and reads detailed construction drawings (architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, civil, etc.) and develops a clear understanding of work scope.
- Reviews contractor’s baseline schedule submissions and verifies that all work scope is identified properly and logically sequenced correctly. Provides written detailed schedule review comments.
- Performs QA/QC on contractor schedule submittals for conformance with contract. Reviews critical path, cost loading, resource loading of man-hours, schedule content, recovery schedules, use of logic relationships and lags, constraints and milestones.
- Performs schedule time impact analysis for any change orders that affect the construction schedule. Conducts schedule negotiations with the Owner’s Authorized Representative (OAR) and the Contractor for any delay time settlements.
- Reads drawings to determine if work is in or out of scope; understands terms and conditions of the contract to determine if any compensable or non-compensable time extensions have merit.
- Performs critical path analysis and earned value analysis.
- Walks the construction sites as needed and checks the Contractor’s weekly/monthly schedule progress. Provides reports to the project OAR and upper management.
- Effectively communicates with the Contractor regarding all schedule/progress related matters and concerns in the weekly status meetings and all other schedule-related meetings.
- Performs program schedule QA/QC reviews on a regular basis.
- Performs status updates for program schedules/master schedules on a bi-monthly basis.
- Ensures proper use of program-level standard codes, layouts and reports necessary to ensure data integrity.
- Serves as a liaison between project teams, department leadership and the Program & Project Controls Department.
- Prepares reports as needed and directed by management.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Required Education and Experience:
- Eight (8) years of full-time paid professional experience in construction scheduling for an owner or general contractor, preferably in an educational facility or in public works projects.
- Proficiency in Primavera P6 version 8.1 or above and MS Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in any course, but with additional two (2) years of experience in Construction Scheduling to compensate for the required education.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with company matching