The Project Manager demonstrates leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Plan and implement projects at various customer work sites in Brazil and across Latin America, including the activities of staff and subcontractors
- Primary customer contact for the duration of each project. May resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate / coordinate with staff as appropriate
- Communication with the customer on all item that arise within the project scope.
- Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets
- Manage a network of resources (including contractors) in support of project execution.
- Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements
- Take part in the writing of reports that describe the results of a project
- Participate in the development of proposals for projects
- Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
- Ensure that delivered products and services achieve highest quality and performance levels
- Negotiate change orders with the customers
- Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
- Manage a varied staff that will include employees, customers, partner companies, or subcontractors
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in an engineering or project management position)
- At least 3 additional year of experience in a project management, engineering or manufacturing role
- At least 3 years of project management experience working in a lead capacity implementing projects in a field environment
- Willingness and ability to travel 30% of the time.
Additional Elgibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Experience working with manufacturing, automation, and/or industrial intelligence software