Provide project management for projects assigned by the Engineering Manager in support of the sales and delivery process of equipment and systems supplied by Hawthorne Power Systems, and Hawthorne Pacific Power Systems. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, preparing and maintaining cost proposals, financial record keeping, submittals, invoicing and schedules in accordance with Hawthorne Power Systems Procedures and Company Policies for EPG, Industrial, and Marine business activities.
- Maintain project related documents in a timely and organized manner in accordance with the Engineering Department and Company accounting procedures and as needed to conform to the contract requirements.
- Direct administrative and drafting personnel in the preparation of contracts, purchase orders, engineering submittals, invoices, operating manuals, and related documents in accordance with the project requirements and industry standards.
- Participate in job walks, project coordination meetings and site visits in support of the overall sales and project delivery process.
- Develop detailed vendor cost proposals for standard commercial equipment, custom switchgear and controls, cogeneration, distributed generation, and other complex projects.
- Prepare basic dimensional drawings, submittal packages, and electrical interconnect drawings to be used for the proper installation of the equipment supplied by Hawthorne.
- Direct and work with Fabrication and Service Shop(s) in the assembly, testing, and startup of Caterpillar and Non-Caterpillar equipment as required by the project specifications and current industry standard practices
- Maintain working knowledge of applicable local, industry, and regulatory codes and standards (NEC, IEEE, NEMA, UL, ASME, CARB/EPA, and others) as required for third party verification and end user acceptance of supplied equipment.
- Work with vendors, Fabrication and Service Shops, and contractors in the scheduling of delivery, assembly, testing, and startup of supplied equipment as required by the specifications.
- Develop various correspondence, worksheets, drawings, submittals, reports, and electronic transmittals in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain daily summaries for reporting activities to supervisors and management on assigned projects.
- Participate in the regularly scheduled engineering meeting in support of inter-departmental and inter-divisional activities as related to assigned projects within the Engineering Department.
- Follow company policies and industry safety rules.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Engineering degree (BA, MS) preferred, and 2+ years recent experience in power generation industry with demonstrated technical training.
- Experience using MS Office Suite (Word, Access, Excel) and PC skills required.
- Working knowledge of AutoCad and MS Project preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to communicate business and technical information to co-workers, customers and management using both verbal and written media.
- Must have a valid California Class C Drivers License.
Applicants may be required to pass a written and/or oral examination before being considered for employment in this position.
- Walking: Move about on foot in office, shop, and construction sites
- Handling: Grasp materials and works with hands and small hand tools
- Lifting: Raises and lowers parts and miscellaneous documentation
- Reaching: Extends arms and hands in any directions
- Stooping: Bends body downward and forward by bending at knees or waist
- Standing: Remains in standing position if required to perform job functions
- Vision: Read computer screens and documentation
- Talking: Communication by phone and in person
- Sitting: Sits at desk and workspace. Sits for long periods of time.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise. Wears hearing protection when necessary
- Temperature/Weather: Works in an office environment, warehouse, shop, outside with variations of temperature and weather
- Exposure: Foul odors, fumes and harsh substances.
- Noise: Works in conditions with constant or intermittent noise.
- Temp/Weather: Works in an office environment.
ACCOMMODATIONS: Reasonable accommodations for essential functions of the position will be considered.
Hawthorne Cat® is an Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status.
Hawthorne Cat® Participates in E-Verify.