Kal Krishnan Consulting Services, Inc. (KKCS), a California Corporation, is a full-service engineering & design, construction management, and program management organization. The firm has grown steadily in size and capability since its founding in 1987, and today employs more than 85 professionals in our regional offices. KKCS has attracted to its staff a full complement of highly experienced, talented, and dedicated professionals who bring a collaborative, integrated team approach to our clients’ projects.
KKCS experience includes work on rail, airports, ports, freeways, schools, universities, facilities, water, wastewater, bridges, and roadways. Our client list includes federal agencies, state agencies, regional agencies, and private clients. KKCS has broad experience and expertise in engineering design, project management and project controls services.
The KKCS culture is rooted in the ideals of integrity, safety, diversity, and ethical business practices, which is a commitment shared by all KKCS employees throughout our offices and project sites around the country. We have a positive impact on the communities we serve by not only improving infrastructure but also providing service at a relatively low cost to the taxpayer. This allows for more money to be available to the agencies we serve, that inevitably will be reinvested in the community. At KKCS, we value the individual employee and the importance of their contributions toward quality improvement.
KKCS is seeking to hire an experienced project manager, with educational facility construction experience within a large capital program, for a full-time Project Manager II or Project Manager III opportunity in the Los Angeles area. The Project Manager is responsible for leading a construction team per the Client and program policies for college construction bond operations. The primary differences between the PM II and PM III positions are the required years of experience and the size/ value of the project portfolio they will be responsible for managing. There is no need to apply for each job separately. Resumes will be reviewed and classified based on the experience of the candidate.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential job functions include the following:
- Lead a construction team in accordance with client and program policies and procedures for college construction bond operations
- Train team on all LACCD and PMO policies and procedures
- Follow and successfully execute program Quality Management System
- Report and collaborate with Program Management Office on all project matters
- Review and develop contract documents
- Plan, organize, direct, coordinate and report performance of College Project Management team and construction projects.
- Identify risk and create risk mitigation plans successfully
- Documents and reports all project data accurately and in a timely manner
- Creates and presents project and college data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups
- Successfully manage and execute 10 to 40 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $10M to $80M each.
- Successfully delivering construction projects on schedule and within budget
- Coordinates budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Manager regarding FF&E, asset disposition/surplus, and relocation
- Successfully closeout projects to include DSA closeout and PMO/District closeout
- Tracks all project status and provides management reports relative to overall program relative to construction project delivery schedules
- Tracks status and provides management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related construction contract requirements
- Reviews and inspects construction site offices to assess performance of construction teams and adherence to legal requirements
- Reviews recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to construction projects
- Directs and assists in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Project Manager IV & V
- 15 years of experience in management of multiple construction projects and experience within a large capital improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes
- BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management or a closely related field; additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
Project Manager IV & V:
- 7 years of experience in educational facility construction preferred
- Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM)
- Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle including master planning, design and closeout
- Experience in alternative delivery method
- Experience with using a web-based project management system such as Proliance
- Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS)
- Experience in formal construction partnering
- Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes or similar
- A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board or Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI)
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with company matching