Supervise and coordinate all forestry and vegetation management programs in defined area.
Education and Experience:
Four year engineering, construction management, or forestry degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience is preferred. Minimum of five years construction management and/or craft supervision experience in similar facility construction. Thorough knowledge of all aspects of forestry construction (technology, equipment, methods); craft agreements, jurisdiction, negotiations, engineering, cost control schedules, and safety required. Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Overall responsibility for leading the vegetation management and forestry division for the Central US region including duties of safety, business development, talent recruitment, daily operations, and documentation.
• Participation in business development functions to expand territory and client base across the central US region.
• Responsible for recruiting personnel required to perform vegetation management scope of work.
• Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with safety requirements, design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives, other contractors, etc.
• Responsible for job cost forecasting, cost to complete development, and accuracy of reporting.
• Responsible for the invoicing process as well as monitoring the quality of weekly time and material reporting.
• Involved in expediting equipment repairs, PO approvals, phase coding, ordering supplies, and ensuring general foremen are prepared and managing their work appropriately.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions
• Supervise craft employees and/or other contractors as required.
• May authorize and/or approve all project personnel transactions, purchase requisitions, field design change requests, etc.
• Provide technical assistance, e.g., interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods and equipment, etc., as required.
• Develop and implement project procedures, working documents, standards, etc.
• Ensure all onsite personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify project management, and recommend/implement corrective actions as required.
• Assume responsibility for productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance of the project.
• Perform additional assignments per Supervisor’s direction.
Job ID 2016-1341
# of Openings 3
Job Locations US - CA - Redlands
Posted Date 9/27/2016 4:54:00 PM