Jenkins/Gales & Martinez, Inc. (JGM) has offered a comprehensive array of design and construction - related services to public and private sector clients since its founding in 1981.
Today JGM consists of more than 50 professionals who specialize in program, project and construction management, urban planning and architectural design in the fields of transportation infrastructure, civic, educational, institutional, residential and commercial facilities. ﾠAll of JGM's professional staff is committed to the common goal of providing high-quality services and expertise to our public and private sector clients.
Our broad international, national and regional experience has positioned JGM to articulate the vision and promise of new community development, embracing environmental stewardship and sustainability. As or society advances into the twenty-first century, JGM will continue to assess new and innovative technologies that will effect positive outcomes on our urban landscape.
With current projects such as the Crenshaw/LAX Transit Corridor, Westside Subway Extension, LAX-Delta Airlines Terminal Redevelopment, and various others, being a part of the JGM Family allows you the ability to work on some of the most iconic and influential programs in the region.
We currently have openings in San Jose, CA for Project Engineers in our Construction Management division to work on higher education facility projects;
- Provides technical and engineering support to the Project Teams including Project Managers and Construction Managers
- Coordinates with Program Management Office (PMO) staff, contractors, architects, engineers, inspectors, consultants, and LA County staff
- Participates in, and occasionally runs, design or construction meetings
- Makes field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established standards, and OSHA requirements
- Reads and interprets construction plans and shop drawings
- Assists in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines
- Supports development of weekly/monthly status and photos reports for project team
- Reviews, estimates, negotiates and processes construction change orders and construction field orders
- Reviews and enforces construction and professional services contracts
- Manages and directs contractors and outside consultants including reviewing and approving invoices
- Assesses project risks and develops risk registers including mitigation strategies
- Facilitates resolutions of construction and design issues
- Coordinates with Architects for timely and accurate responses to requests for information, submittals, Construction Change Documents, etc..
- Generates and distributes meeting minutes (construction meetings, design meetings, etc..)
- Confirms contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payments to the Contractor
- Maintain project files in both electronic and paper format
- Reviews submittals for conformance to plans and specifications
- Generates and drafts Proposed Board Actions (PBA)
- Other job-related duties or projects as assigned
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- 5-10 years minimum recent professional experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project or construction
- BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative and make sound decisions.
- Experience in Healthcare or Education program/projects
- Experience with OSHA (healthcare) and/or DSA (education) requirements.
- Experience on Central plant projects.
- Experience on large public works programs.
- Experience with Proliance or similar PMIS systems
- Professional Engineer License (PE), Certified Construction Manager (CCM), or similar credentials
- Large selection of medical plans and with a generous employer base plan--HMO, PPO, HSA/EPO options available; Dental, Vision, and Chiropractic/Acupuncture benefits, as well as, additional supplemental insurance offered
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance (paid by JGM)
- 401K matching
- Education Assistance
JGM is a Drug-free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer