Kal Krishnan Consulting Services, Inc. (KKCS), a California Corporation, is full-service engineering & design, construction management, and program management organization. The firm has grown steadily in size and capability since its founding in 1987, and today employs more than 85 professionals in our regional offices. KKCS has attracted to its staff a full complement of highly experienced, talented, and dedicated professionals who bring a collaborative, integrated team approach to our clients’ projects.
KKCS experience includes work on rail, airports, ports, freeways, schools, universities, facilities, water, wastewater, bridges, and roadways. Our client list includes federal agencies, state agencies, regional agencies, and private clients. KKCS has broad experience and expertise in engineering design, project management, and project controls services.
The KKCS culture is rooted in the ideals of integrity, safety, diversity, and ethical business practices, which is a commitment shared by all KKCS employees throughout our offices and project sites around the country. We have a positive impact on the communities we serve by not only improving infrastructure but also providing service at a relatively low cost to the taxpayer. This allows for more money to be available to the agencies we serve, that inevitably will be reinvested in the community. At KKCS, we value the individual employee and the importance of their contributions toward quality improvement.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
KKCS is seeking an experienced Project Engineer/Inspector (SYSTEMS) to join our team in Los Angeles for a full-time Project Engineer opportunity for The Westside Purple Line Extension-Section I . The Project Engineer provides technical and engineering support to the Project Team on Rail Transit Projects
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Assist MTA and technical consultants in establishing a Rail Activation Group to coordinate testing, integration, commissioning, and startup activities with the Design Builder’s construction activities
• Maintain a verification test log to monitor approved testing schedule and testing verification developed by the design-builder
• Witness contractor performance in compliance with contract specifications, process control performance, design qualification/production tests, and acceptance tests
• Coordinate with other agencies, the contractor, and MTA’s Operations Division staff through MTA’s start-up program manager to enable contractors to perform acceptance testing
• Assist MTA in organizing turnover, O&M manuals and training procedures for the Metro Operations occupancy and facilities
• Support MTA rail activation testing programs including pre-revenue operations
• Support MTA with safety certification
• Other duties assigned by the SSCM or the SRD Project Engineering
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Required Experience & Education
Ten years(or more) of experience in rail transit stations and systems construction as a field construction engineer or an inspector for rail transit construction projects in electrical, mechanical, trackwork, systems (Communications, Train Control, Traction Power).
• Bachelor’s Degree – Engineering or other related field is preferred
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
****PLEASE APPLY WITH RESUME****