JOB LOCATION & TIMEFRAME
· Starting: June 2017
· Workplace: Sylmar, CA
· Period: Long-term
Kal Krishnan Consulting Services, Inc. (KKCS) is seeking to hire an experienced engineering, construction management or project management professional for a full-time, mid-level Project Engineer position located in Sylmar, CA. The Project Engineer provides technical and engineering support to the Project Team on college construction projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide technical and engineering support to the Project Teams including project managers and construction managers.
- Coordinate with the Program Management Office (PMO) staff, contractors, architects, engineers, inspectors, consultants and client’s staff.
- Participate in and occasionally run design or construction meetings.
- Make field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established standards and Division of the State Architect (DSA) requirements.
- Read and interpret construction plans and shop drawings.
- Assist in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures and guidelines.
- Support development of weekly/monthly status and photos reports for project team.
- Review, estimate, negotiate and process construction change orders and construction field orders.
- Review and enforce construction and professional services contracts.
- Manage and direct contractors and outside consultants, review and approve invoices.
- Assess project risks and develop risk registers including mitigation strategies.
- Facilitate resolutions of construction and design issues.
- Coordinate with architects to provide timely and accurate responses to requests for information, submittals, construction change documents.
- Generate and distribute meeting minutes (e.g., construction meetings, design meetings).
- Confirm contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payments to the Contractor.
- Maintain project files in both electronic and paper format.
- Review submittals for conformance to plans and specifications.
- Generate and draft Proposed Board Actions (PBA).
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Required Experience & Education
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree from a recognized college or university (additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis)
- Five (5) to eight (8) years minimum of recent professional experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project or construction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative and make sound decisions
- Experience on educational programs/projects
- Experience on Division of State Architect (DSA) projects
- Experience on Central Plant projects
- Experience on large public works programs
- Experience with Proliance or similar PMIS systems
- Professional Engineer License (PE), Certified Construction Manager (CCM), or similar credentials
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with company contribution
Kal Krishnan Consulting Services, Inc. (KKCS), a California Corporation, is a full-service engineering & design, construction management, and program management organization. The firm has grown steadily in size and capability since its founding in 1987, and today employs more than 85 professionals in our regional offices. KKCS has attracted to its staff a full complement of highly experienced, talented, and dedicated professionals who bring a collaborative, integrated team approach to our clients’ projects.
KKCS experience includes work on rail, airports, ports, freeways, schools, universities, facilities, water, wastewater, bridges, and roadways. Our client list includes federal agencies, state agencies, regional agencies, and private clients. KKCS has broad experience and expertise in engineering design, project management and project controls services.
The KKCS culture is rooted in the ideals of integrity, safety, diversity, and ethical business practices, which is a commitment shared by all KKCS employees throughout our offices and project sites around the country. We have a positive impact on the communities we serve by not only improving infrastructure but also providing service at a relatively low cost to the taxpayer. This allows for more money to be available to the agencies we serve, that inevitably will be reinvested in the community. At KKCS, we value the individual employee and the importance of their contributions toward quality improvement.