Kal Krishnan Consulting Services, Inc. (KKCS), a California Corporation, is a full-service engineering & design, construction management, and program management organization. The firm has grown steadily in size and capability since its founding in 1987, and today employs more than 85 professionals in our regional offices. KKCS has attracted to its staff a full complement of highly experienced, talented, and dedicated professionals who bring a collaborative, integrated team approach to our clients’ projects.
KKCS experience includes work on rail, airports, ports, freeways, schools, universities, facilities, water, wastewater, bridges, and roadways. Our client list includes federal agencies, state agencies, regional agencies, and private clients. KKCS has broad experience and expertise in engineering design, project management and project controls services.
The KKCS culture is rooted in the ideals of integrity, safety, diversity, and ethical business practices, which is a commitment shared by all KKCS employees throughout our offices and project sites around the country. We have a positive impact on the communities we serve by not only improving infrastructure but also providing service at a relatively low cost to the taxpayer. This allows for more money to be available to the agencies we serve, that inevitably will be reinvested in the community. At KKCS, we value the individual employee and the importance of their contributions toward quality improvement.
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
KKCS is seeking an experienced engineering, construction management or project management professional for a full-time, mid-level Project Engineer II position located in Los Angeles, CA. The Project Engineer II provides technical and engineering support to the Project Team on college construction projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides technical and engineering support to the Project Teams including project managers and construction managers.
- Coordinates with the Program Management Office (PMO) staff, contractors, architects, engineers, inspectors, consultants and client’s staff.
- Participates in and occasionally runs design or construction meetings.
- Makes field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established standards and Division of the State Architect (DSA) requirements.
- Reads and interprets construction plans and shop drawings.
- Assists in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures and guidelines.
- Supports development of weekly/monthly status and photos reports for project team.
- Reviews, estimates, negotiates and processes construction change orders and construction field orders.
- Reviews and enforces construction and professional services contracts.
- Manages and directs contractors and outside consultants, reviews and approves invoices.
- Assesses project risks and develops risk registers including mitigation strategies.
- Facilitates resolutions of construction and design issues.
- Coordinates with architects to provide timely and accurate responses to requests for information, submittals, construction change documents.
- Generates and distributes meeting minutes (e.g., construction meetings, design meetings).
- Confirms contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payments to the Contractor.
- Maintains project files in both electronic and paper formats.
- Reviews submittals for conformance to plans and specifications.
- Generates and drafts proposed board actions (PBA).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Required Experience & Education
- BS/BA degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree from a recognized college or university (additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis)
- Five (5) to eight (8) years minimum of recent professional experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project or construction
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take initiative and make sound decisions
- Experience on educational programs/projects
- Experience on Division of State Architect (DSA) projects
- Experience on Central Plant projects
- Experience on large public works programs
- Experience with Proliance or similar PMIS systems
- Professional Engineer License (PE), Certified Construction Manager (CCM), or similar credentials
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with company contribution
****PLEASE APPLY WITH RESUME****