Assumes responsibility for the successful execution of construction work, in accordance with contractual obligations, required project standards, and Company policies.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops a complete understanding of contract scope by thoroughly reviewing plans, specifications, and other related documents.
- Tracks the cost of equipment, material, labor, subcontracts, and other related items in accordance with company procedures for regular communication to key stakeholders.
- Assists with the design and monitoring of project schedules and trade manpower loading.
- Works collaboratively with other point persons to ensure work is completed in the most safe, expeditious, and efficient way possible.
- Assists with establishing field offices, developing shop drawings, and scheduling material purchases.
- Participates in developing the piping, plumbing, and/or sheet metal construction standards for projects.
- Assembles, reviews, and transmits Request for Information (RFI) documents and vendor/subcontractor material and equipment submittals.
- Assists with the development of the schedule of values, calculates progress invoices, ensures positive cash flows, reduces retention costs as soon as contract documents allow, and works with owners to ensure prompt payments.
- Partners closely with the Project Manager to execute various tasks, including negotiating change orders and overseeing subcontractor work.
- Assists with the formulating of commissioning schedules that include pressure tests, system cleanings, equipment checkouts and startups, testing and balancing, and owner trainings.
- Prepares and delivers warranties, manuals, and other pertinent documents for project close out.
- Establishes and maintains positive customer relationships.
- Maintains appropriate Company confidentiality at all times.
- Protects the assets of the Company and ethically upholds the Corporate Code of Conduct in all situations.
- Cultivates and promotes the “Hearts & Minds” safety culture.
- Consistently exemplifies the Core Values of the Company (We Care, We Strive for for Excellence, We Act with Integrity, We are Innovative, We are Competitive, and We are Accountable).
- This position operates primarily in a professional office environment, and routinely utilizes standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, and filing cabinets.
- Work tasks may occasionally necessitate travel to local job sites, which means intermittent exposure to outside weather and conditions typically associated with a construction site.
- Bachelor’s Degree [in a construction-related field] or equivalent.
- 2+ years of industry-specific experience.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local building codes and construction laws.
- Demonstrated ability to engage in effective collaboration, communication, and negotiation.
- Strong analytical/problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Efficacy in managing competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.