Kal Krishnan Consulting Services, Inc. (KKCS), a California Corporation, is a full-service engineering & design, construction management, and program management organization. The firm has grown steadily in size and capability since its founding in 1987, and today employs more than 85 professionals in our regional offices. KKCS has attracted to its staff a full complement of highly experienced, talented, and dedicated professionals who bring a collaborative, integrated team approach to our clients’ projects.
KKCS experience includes work on rail, airports, ports, freeways, schools, universities, facilities, water, wastewater, bridges, and roadways. Our client list includes federal agencies, state agencies, regional agencies, and private clients. KKCS has broad experience and expertise in engineering design, project management and project controls services.
The KKCS culture is rooted in the ideals of integrity, safety, diversity, and ethical business practices, which is a commitment shared by all KKCS employees throughout our offices and project sites around the country. We have a positive impact on the communities we serve by not only improving infrastructure, but also providing service at a relatively low cost to the taxpayer. This allows for more money to be available to the agencies we serve, that inevitably will be reinvested in the community. At KKCS, we value the individual employee and the importance of their contributions toward quality improvement.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees
- 401K retirement plan with company matching contribution
- Paid holidays
- Paid time off
- Company-paid life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) benefits
- Company-paid long-term (LTD) insurance
- Annual tuition assistance allowance for employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Relocation allowance
POSITION DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
This journey-level Project Controls Analyst position provides support to Project Managers on Electric Transmission & Distribution Substation projects with minimal guidance of the Project Manager/PCA Supervisor. If assigned, may perform functions in the Project Support Function; the Central Data Management Function; and/or the Central Financial Analysis Functions. Travel to/from various project-related function may be required approximately 25% of the time. This is a full-time position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Schedule Development and Analysis:
- Develop project schedule and cash flow/forecast plans with functional department input in coordination with Project Manager.
- Attend Project and Job kickoff and walk down meetings.
- Create, maintain and update schedules.
- Document, monitor and communicate project milestones and risks with appropriate stakeholders.
- Participate in project status meetings, collect progress data and revise project plan as needed.
- Monitor financial progress and maintain Project Manager’s order group.
- Develop, maintain and control project schedule plans using appropriate software (for ex: SAP Project System, SAP Work Management System, and Primavera P6).
Cost Plan Development and Analysis:
- Use the cost and schedule plan to determine if project objectives are achievable.
- Create, maintain, and update monthly forecast budgets.
- Prepare various cost reports and maintain forecast accuracy.
- Prepare project performance analysis, cost, and schedule status reports.
- Identify cost and schedule variances from objectives and recommend corrective action.
- Assess and report on project performance using established industry standards.
- Ensure that responses to project budget, and GRC or FERC cost requests reflect accurate and current project cost information and stakeholders are in concurrence.
- Provide regular communication on project cost, schedule and risk status to project team members, stakeholders and public.
- Interface with design and planning resources and software systems.
- Review and assist in the preparation of Advance Authorizations, Job Estimates and Re-Authorizations and assist PM in routing for approval.
- Prepare journal entries and coordinate or process goods receipts in current software system.
- Ensure that responses to budget and cost requests reflect correct project cost information and stakeholders are in concurrence.
- Input data into various programs and prepare various cost and forecasting reports
Project Documentation & Reporting:
- Verify that project cost and schedule milestones were/were not attained and provide input to identify future process or business improvements and work with responsible parties to implement.
- Manage orders from inception through completion and all required documentation is entered in current software system (Ex: EDMS).
- Resolve all open items, ensure compliance requirements are met and settlement rules are entered, and close out order.
- Maintain scope change, contingency release, change order, and journal entry logs.
- Maintain written and electronic project documentation and records for required aspects of the project.
- Maintain project files in accordance with established guidelines and requirements (Ex: utilizing the electronic document management system or EDMS)
- Document change order requests, project status, key issues, risks and resolution, priority changes and approvals.
- Provide Project Manager with monthly report of project costs and/or schedule information, including variance analysis according to an agreed upon level of detail and prioritization.
- Provide Project Team members with current status report containing schedule and cost information.
- Comply with Utility Operations Policies, Standards and Guidelines.
- Assist PM with Post Job Critique.
Quality and Analysis:
- Prepare various monthly and weekly project management reports and report performance reports to management group including scorecards.
- Ensure quality of reports for the department, to report out to stakeholders.
- Validate weekly and monthly data sets.
- Special Projects - may provide support to project manager(s) as necessary.
- Fulfill ad-hoc requests for cost-related data and analysis.
- Participate on (or lead) various process improvement initiatives, within Project Management.
Project Budget & Cycle Forecast Monitoring (Reporting):
- Prepare various monthly and weekly project performance reports, budget and cycle forecast reports and finance status reports, utilizing the financial tracking software (e.g. SAP/BW system).
- Monitor, analyze and report out on the Department’s Forecasting Performance with weekly performance reports, utilizing the financial tracking tools (e.g. SAP/BW).
- Coordinate and work with all stakeholders on creating new reports that best measure and support good business decisions to meet the Year End Annual Budget target.
- Coordinate and summarize project cycle forecast variance explanations for the department to report to stakeholders.
- Ensure that all responses to budget quarterly cycle requests reflect accurate and current project cost information in concurrence with stakeholders.
- Post and update all the project performance, budget and cycle forecast, and status reports on the Project Management website.
Financial and Performance Management:
- Analyze financial results on a monthly basis, providing explanations of significant cost drivers to PM Leadership reports, such as the Green-Red Scorecard and Lessons Learned Reports.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of three (3) years of project controls analyst experience in an electric or gas transmission and/or distribution business operations area, business planning, accounting, finance, construction management and/or project management
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or its equivalent in education and experience
- Strong working-level skills in Primavera P6 software
- Strong financial analysis skills
- Experience with appropriate software tools, currently SAP Work Management, Controlling Orders, Planning Orders, and BW
- Proficiency in EXCEL, ACCESS, MS Project
- Project Management, Project Controls, or Construction Management experience
- Risk Management and Earned Value Analysis experience
- Accounting/budgeting knowledge
- Mathematical skills
- Forecasting skills
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification desired
***PLEASE APPLY WITH RESUME***