Kal Krishnan Consulting Services, Inc. (KKCS) is looking for a Project Controls Manager. The Project Controls Manager reports to the Program Controls Manager. The Project Controls Manager will provide project controls services to any project within the scope. The Project Controls Manager is responsible for project planning and scheduling, cost and budget management, change control monitoring, document control and progress reporting. The Project Controls Manager proactively engages the Project Manager about scope, schedule and cost issues; as well as coordinates resolution with project controls team members.
The Project Controls Manager is further responsible for establishing a procedural framework for preparing, reporting and reconciling variances including developing and/or enhancing reporting procedures and tools; managing and enforcing adherence to project controls practices and procedures; and proactively seeking their collaboration and cooperation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Lead Program Planning & Control projects with a focus on IMS development/implementation in large or complex implementations.
- Responsible for workflow and technical guidance to Program Control staff
- Supervise project control activities. Develop, interpret, and execute policy, objectives, and standards applicable to scope, cost and schedule control and analysis activities.
- Lead the development of the IMS architecture in alignment with data management and reporting structures including the Statement of Work, the Work Breakdown Structure, CDRLs and major milestones.
- Interface with management and project team for specific project controls presentations. Develop and present scope, cost and schedule reports and presentations for key project stakeholders.
- Review project work activities to ensure support of project milestones.
- Participate in reviewing the contractor pay application and ensure it is consistent with the schedule update and other progress documents.
- Coordinate cost recording, monitoring, and reporting practices for compliance with applicable standards accuracy and consistency.
- Coordinate development of schedule resource loading and leveling, schedule development, maintenance and monitoring activities.
- Assemble and review existing forms, processes and procedures.
- Provide progress reporting documents and briefing materials as required. Develop creative reporting tools to communicate complex project sequencing and/or progress assessments. Promptly report budget and/or schedule variances.
- Participate in discussions with designers, contractors and other third-party entities to proactively identify project risks and develop recommendations for mitigating the risks.
- Establish and maintain required coding structure for all projects (WBS).
- Maintain the Master Schedule Summary Schedule program wide.
- Establish budgets, substantiating design, construction, and contingency budgetary components.
- Provide estimating support for establishing budgets and supporting change order negotiations and claim reviews.
- Maintain the budget, actual cost, and forecast to complete information on the intranet program management system.
- Oversee the control of all program documents.
- Develop, maintain and update the Document Control (Master File Archives) policies and procedures for the Program as required.
- Prepare program-level budget vs actual (forecast to complete) reports.
- Prepare the Program Controls section of the monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
When duties and responsibilities change and develop, the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Required Education & Experience
- A bachelor's degree in Construction Management or a related field is required; a master’s degree preferred
- Ten (10) years of project controls experience OR five (5) years supplemented with a Master’s Degree in Construction Management; AND at least three (3) years’ experience supporting a multi-million dollar engineering and construction project
- Demonstrated project controls experience managing the design and construction of large-scale, complex projects including developing and managing a progress reporting methodology for a complicated design effort.
- Must present a can-do spirit within the controls team inspiring them to produce consistently accurate results at a fast pace.
- Strong ability to recognize ways to contribute to a culture of leadership; seeks to go beyond the status quo and strives for continuing improvement
- Demonstrated ability to understand a demanding, technical and complicated construction program; ability to communicate progress and issues to a technical and management-level audience
- Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus and willing and capable of assuming additional responsibilities.
- Proficient with industry software such as Primavera and Contract Manager
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, highly organized, and able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude
Preferred Education & Experience
- Experience with Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk delivery methods preferred.
- Experience with Primavera Project Planner Version 12.0 or higher preferred.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401K with company matching
Kal Krishnan Consulting Services, Inc. (KKCS), a California Corporation, is a full-service engineering & design, construction management, and program management organization. The firm has grown steadily in size and capability since its founding in 1987, and today employs more than 85 professionals in our regional offices. KKCS has attracted to its staff a full complement of highly experienced, talented, and dedicated professionals who bring a collaborative, integrated team approach to our clients’ projects.
KKCS experience includes work on rail, airports, ports, freeways, schools, universities, facilities, water, wastewater, bridges, and roadways. Our client list includes federal agencies, state agencies, regional agencies, and private clients. KKCS has broad experience and expertise in engineering design, project management and project controls services.
The KKCS culture is rooted in the ideals of integrity, safety, diversity, and ethical business practices, which is a commitment shared by all KKCS employees throughout our offices and project sites around the country. We have a positive impact on the communities we serve by not only improving infrastructure but also providing service at a relatively low cost to the taxpayer. This allows for more money to be available to the agencies we serve, that inevitably will be reinvested in the community. At KKCS, we value the individual employee and the importance of their contributions toward quality improvement.