At Finelite, we design and manufacture premier lighting fixtures and systems that deliver superior lighting in the offices of leading companies such as Google, Yahoo, Oracle, ING and Symantec. We also provide schools and education facilities with state-of-the-art lighting that enhances the teaching environment, such as Stanford, Harvard, Microsoft New School in Philadelphia and hundreds of K-12 schools across the U.S.
We do it all with a passion for the human scale aspect of lighting while achieving substantial energy savings along the way. Our design leadership is well recognized amongst architects and lighting designers, and acknowledged by government agencies and utilities. We are a profitable, privately owned company that strives to raise the bar in electrical lighting systems and we are poised to grow even more quickly as we capitalize on over 20 years of innovation and product leadership.
Responsible for the efficient start up of daily production activities, coordination of the daily production schedule, administration of safety practices, operator training, and overall team productivity. Supervises hourly workers in the production of Finelite products and may be responsible for any area of the factory such as set-up, assembly, wiring, or tailored lighting departments.
Customer Service is Finelite's #1 Value – Production ensures fixtures are produced and ready to ship within the specified delivery promise, and are of the highest quality.
- Coordinate shift personnel to insure completion of daily production requirements
- Schedule work using daily associate production reports
- Identify materials shortages and escalate for resolution
- Evaluate, recommend and implement measures which result in continuous process improvement in production methods, product quality and integrity, and operator efficiencies
- Ensure all daily paperwork is completed in a timely and accurate manner, and is turned in for proper transactions
- Supervision: Supervise and motivate employees, and administer company policies to ensure compliance in the areas of safety, work habits, attendance and productivity
- Coach employees on performance improvement up through disciplinary action as needed after consultation with senior management and human resources
- Leverage the knowledge of Leads and other senior production personnel in achieving daily production activities
- Assist management in the administration of performance appraisals by providing input on individual employee performance
- College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3+ years of experience supervising 20+ employees in a manufacturing or warehousing environment.
- Able to read and understand electrical diagrams and engineering drawings
- Experience with hiring, leading, motivating and handling interpersonal and disciplinary matters required
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to interface/build positive relationships with other departments.
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced manufacturing setting.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; proven ability to give clear instructions with needed follow-up to ensure completion of tasks
- Proven ability to train employees in proper work and safety practices
- Excellent problem solving ability is critical
- Must be self-motivated with a passion for continuous improvement
- Must be proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Physical Requirements: Able to stand for long periods of time; climb ladders, use hand and pneumatic tools, able to lift up to 50 lbs. using proper lifting techniques
- Ability to work extended hours/weekends is required
- Must have & maintain a valid Driver's License and clean DMV record.