Who We Are
InHarvest is the premier U.S. producer and procurer of some of the world’s most distinctive grains, beans and legumes for our food service, retail and industrial customers. Our quality, uniqueness and purity of product is a standard within the industry, something about which we are extremely proud!
Summary of Role
The Production Packer employee will work under the direction of the Production Manager. The Packer will be responsible for keeping production lines moving efficiently and ensuring all product is packaged within our guidelines. This is a 2 month temporary position located in Woodland CA, with the potential of becoming a regular position, based on Company needs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow InHarvest Safety and Accident Prevention Rules & help remind other co-workers of Safety Rules when needed.
- Perform visual and physical product inspections, assuring quality products.
- Washing and drying of packaging containers and utensil.
- Rework product as needed.
- Assemble assortment packs or repacks.
- Complete Production paperwork as required. Label application
- Hand filling equipment or machines with products as needed. Assisting in setup of line equipment etc.
- Keep area clean at all times. Sweeping, dusting, mopping, washing of machinery in the packaging area and warehouse area.
- Isolate any product which will not meet InHarvest quality standards or may cause a food safety hazard. Notify Production Manager.
- Able to identify safety hazards and notify production supervisor/ line leader.
- “Clean as you go”: Following GMP’s & sweep spilled product from floors immediately
- Perform all work in accordance with company standards and established safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position requires a person experienced and/or ability in the following:
- Good communication skills relating to employees
- Basic knowledge of GMP’s, Organic Handling Procedures, Allergen Control Program, Food Plant Security, Glass and Hard Plastic, and Safety programs.
- Dependable and flexible to rotate shifts/ availability to work overtime when needed.
- Disciplined work style towards tasks; a flexible style towards people
- Able to stand for extended periods of timed as required
- Able to work in fluctuating working temperatures depending on the season
- Current FLT certificate is preferred, but not required
- Ability to follow instructions
- High school diploma or GED (general education degree); or minimum three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic knowledge of GMP’s, Organic Handling Procedures, Allergen Control Program, Food Plant Security, Glass and Hard Plastic, and Safety programs.
Dependable and flexible to rotate shifts/ availability to work overtime when needed.
InHarvest is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, veteran or disability status.