JOB TITLE: Product Development Technician * *DEPARTMENT: R&D/Technical Center * *REPORTS TO: Technical Center Manager (Matt Padilla)* *CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt * *SUMMARY:*
Processing Systems Division research and product development position, to encompass all aspects of development, trials/testing, and chemical analysis for food equipment, processes, and product resulting in the potential for improved equipment sales.
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:* The following reflects managements definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Work with R&D group to assist with developing equipment, processes and food products.
- Work on existing and future global (mainly Hayward and Guadalayara, but not limited too these location) R&D projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Responsible for all chemical analysis, analytical testing and equipment.
- Assist with customer trials and testing as required
- Trained to provide technical support to sales, service, and customers
- General up keep, cleaning, and sanitation of technical center demonstration equipment, technical center and R&D test areas
- Travel when required
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager.
- Preferred Associates Degree or BS Degree in Chemistry, Food Engineering, Food Technology, Mechanical Engineering or related scientific field. Candidates could also be working towards a degree in the scientific fields stated with the ability to work full time while accomplishing their educational goals.
- Computer literate in word processing, spread sheets, and the ability to learn new computer programs
- Be knowledgeable in food analytical equipment or have the aptitude to learn food analysis
- Knowledgeable in laboratory procedures, data collection, and analysis
- Good analytical skills
- Self motivated
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Be able to lift up to 50 lbsStand, bend, stoop, kneel
- Be willing to travel