- High school diploma/GED in addition to classes in Industrial Engineering
- Some hands on experience in a high volume manufacturing environment such as thermoforming, Injection Molding, stamping, printing Press, extruders,formers, trimmers, and presses is helpful
- Must pass skills testing with a minimum of 80%.Good communication, math skills, logical thinking, and vision.
- Must be able to lift 60 pounds
- Supporting ISO, GMP, Green Certification, and 5-S Programs
- Machine safety including lock out / tag out, safety blocks, hand safety, proper lifting techniques and overhead crane use to install rolls of plastic.
- Review job packets to determine materials, procedures, components, settings, and adjustments to thermoforming machine
- Set up and operate in line thermoform and trim machines: Install and run in molds and plugs, do make-readies on dies, evaluate tooling for readiness, make minor tooling repairs and adjustments
- Monitor and document product quality using drawings and measuring tools.
- Reporting production Problems
- Inspecting tools and dies for defects or non-conformance characteristics.
- Minimizes set-up time and machine downtime
- Notifies supervisor of red tag tooling needing repair
- Communicates passdown to other shifts
- Promotes Teamwork at ALL times
- Troubleshoots thermoforming problems
- Completes Set-up Reports
Measures of Performance: (Via written forms and verbally)
- Yields Per Job (Quality)
- Meeting of Production Schedules (Productivity)
- Reports Tooling Problems