- CA |
- Jobs |
- Pipeline Gauger-Bakersfield, CA
Pipeline Gauger-Bakersfield, CA
This position is considered an "individual contributor" position; however, there are situations where it is necessary to work with other facility personnel and customers in order to successfully complete tasks and responsibilities. Individuals will work with Shell Project Teams on specific initiatives. Additionally, much of the work is self-driven; teamwork is a must within this group.
This position covers a large area and wide range of equipment. This position requires up front planning to execute tasks timely and safely in areas.
An individual is expected to meet the level of skill of a Gauge Technician within a reasonable period of time on the job dependent on the experience they bring to the role. Once proficient, they will be expected to develop secondary skills in order to provide relief to Measurement Technicians and Pipeline Technicians to support in their own continuous development.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing general measurement activities to ensure product quality and accuracy of product quantity (Sampling, Gauging, Custody Transfer, etc.)
Additional duties will include but are not limited to:
- Gauging and testing varies amounts of product in storage tanks before and after delivery using calibrated steel tape and conversion tables
- Regulating the flow of petroleum products into pipelines at wells, tank farms, refineries, marine terminals and rail terminals following prescribed standards and regulations
- Performing all work in a safe manner to achieve Goal Zero
- Testing the product in tanks which includes: pulling samples according to measurement procedures established in the measurement manual and using the last batch method or tank thief method
- Conducting sample tests for gravity and sediment and water (S&W) using the appropriate certified hydrometer, thermometers, and centrifuge tubes, and establishing sampling amounts per batch size and established methods
- Identifying and resolving sampling problems typically due to equipment malfunction and writing Measurement Deficiency Notification (MDN) in SAP
- Acurrately measuring tank quantities (Gauging) using tank gauge and temperature (PET) equipment to accurately measure quantity in tanks once a month or as needed based on inventory reconciliation
- Validating testing equipment prior to use
- Executing LACT (Liquid Automate Custody Transfer) Unit Measurement in order to accurately measure product quantity used for customer billing and invoicing; requiring the analysis of batch and meter run tickets, sample testing, and run ticket calculations, the use of OMNI flow computers to provide pertinent data on tickets
- Consolidating the custody transfer information and entering the data into the appropriate system.
- Coordinating LACT schedules with Customers
- Understanding proving procedures in order to provide support for Measurement Technicians in witnessing and sign off of 3rd party proving
- Participating in Loss/Gain meetings in order to provide information in trouble shooting Loss/Gain issues on pipeline segments
- Completing inventory sheets for designated system to support trouble shooting.
- Completing equipment certifications
- Reviewing and following Measurement Local Operating Procedures (MLOP)
- Completing and complying with all Federal, State, and Local regulations; Operator Qualification; Measurement Policies & Procedures; HSSE training and standards; and all other applicable regulations
- Actively supporting and participating in the LEAN processes, audits, inspections, and other Pipeline Initiatives
- Actively support housekeeping
- Additioanl duties may vary based on product, location and on/offshore