Nature of Work
Assemble, install and repair pipes, fittings and fixtures of heating, water and drainage systems, according to specifications and plumbing codes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Read and interpret plans, blueprints and sketches; construct, lay out or plan piping assemblies with respect to walls, structures and other obstructions, allowing for expansion and contraction and alignment in accordance with city, state and federal plumbing codes.
- Construct various types of pipe joints for high or low-pressure systems, including threading, brazing, soldering, welding or lead-wiping of joints.
- Cut, fit, fabricate, and assemble a wide variety of articles, materials, and devices, including steel, copper, brass, glass, plastic, cast iron, corrosion-resistant pipe, tile, concrete.
- Install fittings, boilers, hangers, anchors, fixtures and guides.
- Coordinate, supervise and train all direct reports to achieve project objectives.
- Work with operations or project manager to assure work is consistent with estimates, procedures, dimensional control, equipment and manpower; keep them properly updated on progress schedules; and schedule delivery of materials and equipment.
- Ensure accurate records on material and labor used.
- Ensure all onsite personnel comply with project procedures, safety program requirements, work rules, etc. Document all violations, notify project management and safety officer, and recommend/implement corrective actions, as required.
- Exercise initiative or, as directed, perform additional duties to meet the needs of the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Certification & Licenses
Journeyman Pipefitter/Plumber License or the ability to obtain.
Five to seven years or more of related work experience required.