Sells/leases paving equipment and services within an assigned territory. Provide safe and efficient demonstration, training and evaluation to Customers and varied audiences to support and promote the sale of Caterpillar equipment and services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS
• Identify and initiate direct contact with and influence purchasers of Paving equipment in a manner that is consistent with our mission statement and core values to meet or exceed business goals.
• Support the current Sales, Rental and Product Support Reps and managers, assisting to maximize opportunities with paving product sales, rentals, and product support sales.
• Support Quinn Rental Services and Heavy Rents with paving fleet utilization and growth, including demos, deliveries, and application training for Rental Reps
• Establish relationships with all existing and new paving product customers, on a direct basis and in tandem alongside team members from Sales, Rental and Product Support. These relationships must extend thru the Equipment Managers, Superintendents, Foremen, Operators and Service Technicians.
• Obtain, diagnose and respond to customer needs, including technical application and product problems, to enhance the quality of customer service and satisfaction and to promote a mutually beneficial relationship. Partner with Technical Communicators, Service Managers, and Parts and Service Sales Reps
• Work with Director of Sales and Marketing, Region and Sales Managers, and Rental Manager to develop and implement business plans and sales forecasts for paving products (machine sales, parts and service).
• Have the depth of understanding of paving products and industry practices to serve as the paving expert, supporting both sales and product support personnel and paving customers.
• Initiate, complete and submit on an accurate and timely basis sales reports and documentation to assist in monitoring and achieving business goals, utilizing CRM tools, including quote reports
• Organize a minimum of two (2) paving product training classes per year for the sales teams
• Attend Caterpillar training on an annual basis:
o Roadbuilders conference
o Spring Training
o Factory product support training
o Paver operator training
• Provide paving product and application training as required including customer machine demonstrations and start-up training.
• Work with Caterpillar factory and sales paving organization to meet and exceed sales goals and improve customer satisfaction.
• Participate in relevant paving associations and organizations (i.e. CalAPA).
• Improve knowledge of paving industry and paving techniques, including keeping up-to-date on industry developments, technology and practices.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University and two to four years related experience (methodical technician with substantial knowledge of heavy equipment) and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Must be comfortable with public speaking. Minimum of two (2) year’s experience in direct customer contact in sales, rental, product support / service of paving products
Valid Drivers Licence required.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV