Under general supervision, the Paint Assistant is responsible for the preparation of paint and organization of parts in the paint cell per Impresa Work Instructions and Customer Specifications. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Read, understand, and interpret Work Orders Instructions.
- Prepare surfaces for painting.
- Keep records of paint activities, work orders, paint life log, usage paint chart, paint adhesion log, cleanliness compressed air log, etc.
- Follow established personal protection and safety procedures.
- Maintain a clean work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of painting processes and specifications.
- Basic English reading and writing skills required in order to interpret work instructions, drawings, etc.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and work order instructions to accurately execute paint jobs.
- Solid multitasking capability.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years’ paint experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to select and mix paints per specifications.
- Demonstrates ability to obtain desired finish in line with quality expectations.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
Impresa Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, disability or any other legally protected status.