Follow your passion at Saladino’s Foodservice
From locally-sourced to national brands, Saladino’s Foodservice provides restaurants with the products they want and the business solutions they need. As the largest independent, family-owned foodservice distributor in California, our company is built on family values, sustainable business practices, servicing the customer beyond their expectations and giving back to the communities we serve since 1944.
Saladino’s Foodservice is driven by integrity and innovations. The basis of our success lies within the diversity of our associates, their distinctive ideas and their commitment to setting the highest quality standards that create a meaningful and inclusive workplace. Saladino’s associates are among the brightest in the business with a shared desire to learn and advance within our growing company. We combine our individual skills to achieve a higher level of shared success and are committed to promoting diversity of thought, ideas, perspectives and people.
Summary: The Order Selector fills customer orders in an accurate and timely manner. This job is considered SAFETY SENSITIVE.
• Supports and promotes the mission, vision, and guiding behaviors of the company.
• Follows all departmental procedures and company policies, including attendance.
• Follows pick tags and accurately selects products according to slot location; builds pallet of product; safely transports product to loading dock; shrink wraps and labels pallet with store name and number for delivery to customer.
• Operates a Powered Industrial Truck.
• Meets company productivity and accuracy standards.
• Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, reports injuries/accidents immediately, demonstrates safe behavior at all times, especially when using company property and/or operating equipment or vehicles.
• Safety Sensitive jobs are held to a higher standard as reflected in performance evaluations and are subject to Random drug or alcohol testing.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skill and/or ability and the physical requirements. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Education and/or Experience
Saladino’s Foodservice cares about the health and wellness of its associates by providing them these benefits (among many others):
• Health and Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Plans
• 401K Retirement Plan
• 401K match – up to 4%
• Discounts for cell phone plans, family attractions, movie tickets, and more
• Sick Leave
• Bereavement Leave