The Hose Press operator must possess the knowledge to properly identify hose and couplings, make new hose assemblies and recover reusable couplings. This includes properly identifying mobile industrial hydraulic hose assemblies. Special attention must be given to properly identify compatibility of couplings and hoses. In addition to these duties, the qualified candidate will be responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing material, tools, equipment, and products within establishments by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the tasks listed below. Other duties may be assigned as necessary by the supervisor.
• Reads customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed or assembled.
• Process backorders per company guidelines as needed for items required to complete the customer's hose assembly.
• Transfer materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
• Sort hoses to be rebuilt. Use DBS to charge a customer for the items used in the rebuilding process.
• Apply applicable fees to the customer's order.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
• Fill requisitions, work orders, or requests for fabricated hoses or other stock items.
• Assembles customer orders and places orders on pallets or shelves, or transports completed orders to packing station or shipping department.
• Marks hose assemblies with identifying information as per company guidelines.
• Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
• Drives vehicle to transport stored items from warehouse to destination or to pick up items from several locations for shipment as needed.
• Maintains inventory records. Maintains warehouse and work area clean at all time.
• Maintains strict adherence to Caterpillar's contamination control guidelines when fabricating hose assemblies.
• Performs routine maintenance on the tooling located within the Hose Assembly Area.
• Maintain the Hose Assembly Area in accordance to Caterpillar's established
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Knowledge of MS office and general computer skills preferred.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV