Holt of California, The CAT Rental Store, a local Caterpillar dealership in Northern California is looking for a One Ton Driver to transport and deliver rental equipment and assists with rental returns and rental checkouts by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for loading and unloading plus using the correct tie down techniques.
- Must complete pre trip and post trip inspection on truck per B.I.T. guidelines.
- Complete delivery logs, delivery sheet and safety inspections daily.
- Equipment must be delivered within established time frames.
- Responsible to receive daily schedule from dispatcher the night before.
- Must handle minor maintenance issues and fueling of trucks.
- Driver should report any equipment malfunctions, damage, or safety issues to dispatcher or shop foreperson within 24 hours.
- Accidents must be reported immediately to dispatcher. Accident reports are required for each incident and should be turned in to Store Manager.
- Responsible to have customers sign rental agreements on delivery. Damage to equipment must be pointed out to customer either upon delivery or return and noted on rental agreement.
- Greets all customers immediately upon arriving at The Cat Rental Store.
- Checks equipment in or out as needed.
- Verifies that equipment is in good mechanical and safe operating condition upon being taken out or being returned.
- Responsible for red tagging equipment that is in need of repair.
- Responsible for adding oil, adding air, cleaning, replacing minor parts and accessories to equipment.
- Places equipment ready for rent in the proper location and in uniform position.
- Assists drivers with loading/unloading and unchaining trailers as necessary.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and two years’ experience in hauling light equipment driving a one-ton truck with 10,000 lb. trailer and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.