Vali Cooper and Associates, Inc. (VC&A), proudly part of TRC, is a leading construction management firm providing professional services to a wide range of public and private sector clients. With more than 180+ licensed engineers, inspectors, and other support professionals in 9 offices in California and Colorado. VC&A has the proven capabilities and consistency of service by local professionals to successfully manage the construction of virtually any project. For the past 15 years, VC&A has been listed by Engineering News-Record as one of the nation’s top 100 construction management firms.
We are seeking an Office Engineer (OE) to work with VC&A on a Bay Area project. The work involves logging all incoming and outgoing mail, answering phone calls, managing/scheduling meetings to ensure the smooth process of construction jobs. Work directly with project managers in office and in the field to ensure that the appropriate documents are issued or revised to ensure the efficiency of their projects. The OE is committed to making certain that the project moves smoothly, ensuring teamwork, efficiency, and clear communication with project team members including Contractors, Agencies, and staff.
- Ensuring project documentation is processed in timely manner and is retrievable
- Provides direction to and supervises office technician(s) and/or other administrative staff
- Manages and maintains pertinent contract documents and references specific to the project
- Develops and maintains an organized and complete set of records and procedures for the project
- Organize project records and preparation of contract change orders
- Timely processing of all documents and work logs including but not limited to weekly statement of working days, submittals for review, information requests, change orders, payments, payment estimates, and project contingency balances
- Monitors labor compliance
- Monitors and schedules all necessary construction staking/surveys, field and material inspections and preliminary, acceptance, and specialty testing as required throughout the contract
- Maintains the as-built drawings for change order updates and assists project lead in ensuring field staff updates as-built drawings as required
- Assists the project lead in preparing final project closeout documents, including the resolution of potential claims
- AA degree plus 3 - 5 years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite 2010 – (Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point)
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with a variety of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Previous experience with BART civil engineering projects desired.
Compensation & Benefits
Vali Cooper & Associates, Inc. offers an attractive compensation package that is negotiable depending upon experience. In addition we offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Life, AD&D, LTD, Medical, Dental, Vision & Long Term Care insurance
- Profit Sharing Plan including 401-k with matching funds feature
- Fitness program
- Educational & Professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for Membership in Professional Associations
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Program