LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY – THIS IS A LOS ANGELES BASED POSITION (LENAX does not pay for relocation or travel expenses for interviews).
Since its inception in 1993, Lenax Construction Services, Inc. (LENAX) has provided quality construction services and project controls to a diverse range of engineering, design, and construction firms. LENAX services a broad range of markets, including airports, transportation, industrial, correctional, universities, and marine. LENAX is a goal-oriented and customer-driven independent consulting business, aimed at adding value and strength to our clients’ program teams by providing expertise in current pricing and economic trends, while utilizing the most up to date means and methods in the construction and design industries.
LENAX is looking for an Office Engineer with Construction Industry Experience.
Example Job Duties:
The Office Engineer Assistant duties include, but are not limited to, the following.
· Evaluate Review, track, process and distribute submittals, RFI’s, RFC’s, design submittals, shop drawings, product data, and work plans. Review submittals, deliverables and other construction documents for completeness and accuracy.
· Receive record and compile review comments. Maintain a list of submittals, deliverables and other construction documents.
· Report on progress of submittal, RFI, and design submittal reviews at progress meetings.
· Develop and maintain spreadsheets. Update and utilize Primavera’s Contract Management Software.
· Maintain a set of progress prints of all drawings and specifications that include but are not limited to scope and contract drawings, design progress drawings, AFC drawings, shop drawings, contract specifications and AFC specifications.
· Prepare work plans, drawings, safety guidelines, maintenance requirements, training requirements, specifications, estimates, and operational needs. Analyzes data, specifications, and drawings/blueprints. Assist in monitoring work for compliance with schedule, budget, technical, safety, and legal requirements. Review new rules, regulations, and codes for project applicability. Prepare technical reports, feasibility studies, economic analyses, and correspondence. Assist in coordinating services with outside agencies. Maintain projects files and records. Interpret contract specifications, codes and safety orders. Supervise subordinate staff.
· Five (5) years of experience working on large construction projects.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or other related field.
· Valid California Class C driver’s license.
· Engineer-in-training registration is required. Registration as a Professional Engineer is desirable.
Salary history and salary expectations must be included. Applicants without a salary expectations and history will not be considered. A list of previous projects worked on is required as well.
LENAX employees enjoy a wide range of benefits and a competitive compensation package. LENAX is an Equal Opportunity Employer.