Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Tuition Assistance
Balfour Beatty Rail (BBR), has been awarded a $697 million contract to undertake electrification of the 52-mile Caltrain rail corridor between San Francisco and San Jose, laying the foundations for the future operation of high speed trains. BBR is seeking a qualified OCS Field Engineer. This role will provide technical engineering information to company supervision and craft to insure construction work complies with all engineering standards. This position will consist of office and field work relating to the design, construction and testing of a 25kv OCS system on the Peninsula Corridor Electrification Project in San Mateo. This OCS system includes 51 miles of electrification on double track, including multi track areas (3 or more), stations and rail yards.
- Interpret design/drawings for crafts installing material.
- Research, recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interferences, and errors.
- Verify all completed work complies with applicable codes, drawings, specifications.
- Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations, etc., to supervisor.
- May provide technical support and direction of project material control functions including implementation and operation of maintenance program.
- Prepare spreadsheets, drawings and sketches to support construction work, change orders, estimates, etc.
- Track production quantities for work performed.
- Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
- Provide assistance to Project Superintendent with all aspects of project.
- Provide support to supervision and craft to ensure construction work complies with design drawing locations.
- Perform tasks related to the collection and evaluation of data required to monitor and update project schedules.
- Develop and update work plans and hazard analysis on tasks as needed.
- Prepare Procurement Documentation and Subcontractor/Vendor Payment Applications.
- Perform regular safety inspections as determined by project safety.
- Attend meetings and assist with coordination between disciplines.
- 4 year engineering degree or equivalent degree required.
- Must be willing to work night and weekend shifts in addition to regular day shifts.
- Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings & specifications, building materials and required standards applicable to discipline.
- Ability to perform trigonometric calculation either manually or with calculator.
- Basic computer knowledge, excel, word required.
- Local qualified candidates highly encouraged to apply.
- B.S. in civil engineering, mechanical engineering or construction management preferred.
- Rail or civil construction experience highly desired.
- Knowledge of CAD a plus.
- Ability to assume responsibility, interface and communicate effectively with others.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors, by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.