BASIC PURPOSE: Entry-level position responsible for making various types of specialty millwork and building materials components.
1. Pulls trim orders, consisting of the following: stools, moldings, hardware, locks, doors, exterior jambs, etc.
2. Sizes lumber according to specifications for making miscellaneous millwork items, such as mantels, doors, handrails.
3. Builds various sizes of garage and door frames.
4. Mills materials for stock such as bead boards, dental moldings, fill outs, etc.
5. Checks the quality of material pulled from stock and manufactured material and assures correct type, amount, dimension, and length, etc
6. Assures quality of materials used to produce high quality finished products.
7. Checks finished product at time of shipping to verify invoice.
8. Assists walk-in customers and drivers with materials needed.
9. Keeps machines and work area clean.
10. Changes dull saw blades, sanding belts, jointer blades, planer blades and shaper bits, as needed.
11. Performs tasks, such as stocking material, cleaning racks, helping in other areas, etc.
12. Cross-trained in other work areas of the millwork shops.
1. Minimum Education--High schooleducation or GED
2. Minimum Experience-- Knowledge of millwork, doors, lumber, hardware, moldings, and their uses. Prior experience in millwork helpful.
3. Special Skills-Operating machines and tools such as: saws, sanders, air tools, etc. Ability to read tape measure, architectural drawings and blueprints.
4. Other—Ability to work overtime and lift up to 100 lbs on a repetitive basis.