Description: The Mid-Level Installer is a seasoned office furniture installer (2+ years previous experience) who assists the Lead Installer at a job site, and who voluntarily assists Entry-Level Installers in the adequate performance of duties either by clarifying job expectations or mentoring through ‘lead by example’. Also, assists in the warehouse with receiving furniture deliveries. Additional skill in driving 24'-26' trucks a must for this position.
- YOU MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1-2 YEARS EXPERIENCE SPECIFICALLY WITH OFFICE FURNITURE INSTALLATION - THIS IS NOT AN ENTRY LEVEL POSITION. Do not send resumes if you do not at least meet this qualification. We will not consider anyone who doesn't at least meet this requirement.
- Installer must be able to deliver, stage, knockdown and install a variety of office furniture (example: workstations, cubicles, desks, chairs, shelving, file cabinets, etc. - free standing as well as modular systems) using hand and power tools.
- Installer must be able to securely package up office furniture for moving, and to load and unload office furniture to and from our warehouse and/or to and from the local waste disposal facility when required by the job.
- Install must be willing and able to take furniture deliveries from various trucking companies in our warehouse, and to assist in the inventorying and palletizing of that furniture for storage.
- Installer must have experience driving a 24-26 foot truck (the equivalent of the large rental trucks an average person can rent for moving).
- Installer must have a valid driver's license, proof of legal citizenship/temporary work visa, and a clean DMV record. While driving, must adhere to all federal, state, and local traffic laws.
- Installer must have your own vehicle that is reliable to get you to and from job sites within a 50-100 mile radius.
- Installer must have your own work tools that are standard for this type of work (work boots, drills, hammer, screwdrivers, wrenches, etc.). If you own you own safety equipment (goggles, ear protection, hard hat, etc.), that is a plus.
- Installer must have full range of unimpeded motion (bending, stretching, twisting), be in good health, be able to stand for long periods of time, and be able to comfortably lift 50-75 lbs.
- Installer must adhere to our company's Drug & Alcohol Policy, which includes passing a drug test as a requirement of employment.
- Installer must be dependable, punctual, take direction well, be courteous (especially under pressure), be a problem solver, and be a team player.
- Installer must be able to proficiently read, write in, and speak English.
Bonus Skills -- These are not a requirement of the job, but will weigh heavily in your favor if you have these skills as well:
- Mechanically inclined
- Basic furniture construction skills
- Class A License (must have clean driving record for at least 3 years prior to being hired
- Bi-lingual (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese)