Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Invitations to interview may be sent via email. Please be sure to check your mailbox frequently and ensure that communications from are not blocked.
Travel subject to service charges/restrictions.
Bonuses awarded only under terms of United's policies.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Please note that this position will be hired under the subsidiary United Airlines collective bargaining agreement until a joint agreement is reached.
As a Mechanical Sheetmetal technician you will work in a fast-paced San Francisco Maintenance Operations Center, the Sheetmetal Technician plays a very important role in providing quality service to our internal customers.
Under the direction of the Facility Maintenance Supervisor, or the Lead Sheetmetal Technician, the Sheetmetal Technician will be responsible to:
- Fabricate or repair and install sheet metal parts such as flashing, ducting, tubing and walls
- Select gauges and types of sheet metal or non-metallic material, according to product specifications
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers
- Schedules are bid and awarded according to seniority
- Sheetmetal Technicians are represented by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT)
- Salary increases will be administered according to the current IBT/United contract
- New employees are required to join the union within ninety (90) days of employment
- There is an initiation fee for joining the union and subsequent monthly union dues
- Must have a high school diploma/GED or education equivalent
- Completed trade school preferred
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints specifications and details.
- Must be able to lay out duct work and hangers from drawings with little to no supervision.
- Fabricate or repair and install sheet metal parts such as flashing, ducting, tubing and walls.
- Select gauges and types of sheet metal or non-metallic material, according to product specifications.
- Lay out, measure, and mark dimensions and reference lines on material according to drawings or templates, using calculators, scribes, dividers, squares, and rulers.
- 2 years’ experience and be familiar with industrial, and commercial applications for duct construction and installations required
- Must be familiar with industry standard and code compliant construction practices
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- In addition to passing United's background investigation and pre-employment testing, candidate must be able to clear a criminal history check in order to obtain and retain credentials necessary for the position
- Must be available to work any shift that is assigned to you within a 24 hour/day, 7 day/week operation which can include late nights, early hours, weekends and holidays
- Employees may bid for schedules several times a year and schedules are awarded according to seniority
- Regular attendance and punctuality in accordance with United's policies is required
- Overtime available/required depending upon operational need
- United will consider applicants with criminal histories consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance