Mechanical Project Manager
San Jose, CA
We are seeking a Project Manager experienced in Mechanical HVAC to oversee project timing, coordination, budgets, staffing, material purchasing, project meetings, contract scope, price and plans for Apartment podium complexes. The overall budget goals for profit are managed by the Project Manager and directed through the Foreman and field personnel. The ideal candidate will fit within the company's Critical Business Outcomes (Customer Delight, Deadline Driven, Productive, Quality Always and Safety First) for success!
Job Duties / Description / Responsibilities
· Will be assigned key customers for business development.
· Provide direct support to the Field Foremen.
· Provide all aspects of Contractor support while controlling overall company liabilities.
· Participate in required meetings with Estimators to facilitate project turnover.
· Assist the Field Foremen in planning, organizing, projecting, order processing and shop orders, and overall coordination.
Maintain required contact with the General Contractor's Project Manager and Contractor office to ensure project requirements are met. * Ensure timely production of all project correspondence such as submittals, specs, plans, vendor quotes, contracts, and schedules for use by the field staff.
· Provide timely reports including change orders, requests for information, billings, and project status, billing labor reports, and feedback to Foremen and Estimation.
· Ensure Field Foreman develops all required job documentation and maintains proper labor force levels (cost cards, daily job reports, as-built, conversation confirmers).
· Development of plans for projects including labor and costing budgets and schedules of
values. Visit jobs on a regular basis and at least at month-end billing.
· Assist Estimating Department in conceptual budgeting brought in from your contacts with General Contractors on your jobs.
· Work closely with Service Departments on control systems and start-up to assure competitive
scope, pricing, and timing.
· Promote a positive relationship with General Contractor and maintain close tabs on their future
· Requisition material in cooperation with the division purchaser for assigned projects
· Provide required documentation to facilitate turning the project over to the Project Foreman.
· Ensure accurate job take-offs and estimates.
· Ensure timely follow-up with all bids and contractors.
· For key accounts develop and implement sales strategy for each.
· Ensure timely production of all project correspondence such as estimates, proposals, follow-up information, etc.
· Provide timely and accurate month end reports including updates to all bid, billings, and project
· Assist in developing the strategies for bidding projects using the project control system.
· Communicate, in a timely manner, all required information for the project set up.
· Recognize potentials for value engineering and other strategies that may improve opportunity for
advantages over the competition.
· Keep all bidding strategies confidential.
· At least 5 years of installation experience
· Previous Project Management experience in HVAC is a must
· Excellent oral/written communication skills
· Excellent customer service skills
· Attention to detail
· Problem solving skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Organization skills required (will be able to set up a job from start to finish)
· Clean DMV record
For consideration applications should be emailed to: