Celestica is dedicated to delivering end-to-end product lifecycle solutions to drive our customers’ success. Through our simplified global operations network and information technology platform, we are solid partners who deliver informed, flexible solutions that enable our customers to succeed in the markets they serve.When you join Celestica, it’s more than just a job. It’s about being part of a team of talented individuals who are passionate about what they do every day. It’s about joining one of the world’s largest end-to-end supply chain solutions companies and contributing to our forward thinking and collaborative solutions for our teams and customers.
Want to take your career to the next level? Come grow and innovate with us.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Performs dimensional and physical inspection of manufactured and purchased mechanical parts, weldments, and small assemblies.
- Performs timely inspections including receiving inspection, in process, final acceptance and first article inspections for process/product validation at required inspection checkpoints.
- Performs inspections using both manual and automated CMM equipment.
- May write needed CMM programs using PCDMIS and GeoMeasure 3000/6000 software applications.
- Interfaces, on a limited basis, with customer representatives and assists in the conduct of inspection activity including first articles and source inspections when customer representatives are present.
- Responsible for ensuring that customer product is manufactured and packaged to customer specifications.
- Responsible for ensuring procured materials indicate evidence of inspections and tests performed at the source in accordance with purchase order requirements and are accompanied with required Certificates of Compliance and/or Test Reports, as may be required by the Customer.
- Communicate to supervision verbally or in writing any issues that may directly affect the product quality or the inspection lab area in general including problems related to product nonconformance,workmanship issues, test failures or work environment and safety concerns as appropriate.
- Initiates the NCMR process for nonconforming material and inadequate workmanship found in manufacturing and handling processes.
- Performs NCMR database data entry and provides copy of NCMR to all appropriate recipients as required
- Participates in MRB process and participates in RCCA activity as required.
- Assists in any required purge of nonconforming and discrepant material in finished goods or in process, as defined by the lead inspector or QA Manager.
- Responsible to validate work orders for the purpose of proper identification and traceability and for maintaining documentation and filing requirements necessary to support the inspection and test activity at inspection checkpoints.
- Responsible for populating customer required forms of compliance such as COC’s, FIR’s, FAI’s, and in coordination with QE, facilitates the review and signature approval of the documents as required.
- Participates in process planning and the development of inspection processes, in conjunction with engineering, operations and quality department personnel.
- Ongoing development of a thorough product knowledge including process documentation and procedures, associated checklists, test procedures, final inspection criteria and cosmetic requirements for customer products.
- May lead or train others in the above specified duties and functions and act as role model.
- May provide technical training to others in inspection methodology, techniques, use of equipment and GD&T as required.
- Supports and promotes department goals and objectives.
- Supports and promotes continuous improvement goals and objectives.
- Supports and promotes the LEAN5S program.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and use of Company standards and quality operating procedures.
- All Communications should support a clear understanding of the situation providing as much accurate information as possible.
- All documentation responsibilities expected to be performed as completely and accurately as possible.
- Observe safety requirements in the work area to assure a safe work environment is maintained.
- Performs other duties as required by quality management representatives.