Beutler Corporation is searching for a Mechanical Engineer with a strong commercial/multi-family plumbing design background. The ideal candidate will have the ability/willingness to secure a CA PE license in the near future. To be considered for this position the ideal candidate will meet the minimum requirements listed below:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
At least 2-5 years of HVAC Design experience (Commercial/Residential)
- Attention to detail
Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Professional Engineering licensing required.
- Develop, review and analyze the design, construction, modification, operation, and maintenance of equipment, machinery and systems in the boiler and chiller plants.
- Analyze data from systems to determine operational efficiencies and evaluate methods to effectively increase efficiencies.
- Prepare and review feasibility studies, special reports and investigations on problems related to mechanical and process systems, their user needs and testing requirements.
- Use national codes and standards extensively in performing engineering functions and justifying decisions involving the operation and maintenance of a gas/oil fired boiler plant and electric/steam driven chiller plant.
- Serve as an expert consultant and advisor to project officers and contractors; provides ad-hoc reviews of contract documents and design and construction contract submissions, including shop drawings, as-builts, control submissions, testing, commissioning, and equipment maintenance and operations.
- Provide expert advice to contract architects and engineers on the design, operation, and maintenance of major mechanical engineering systems and central utilities plants.
- Participate in the establishment of standards and policies for the installation, modification, quality control, testing, operating procedures, inspection, and predictive maintenance of equipment, according to engineering principles and safety regulations on the design, operation, and maintenance of major mechanical engineering systems and central utilities plants.
Desired Skills & Experience
Applicants must show successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree that included a major field of study in engineering.