Upgrade your Career! Become a Quinn Technician
You’ll have an opportunity to work with some of the most advanced and powerful equipment on earth
• Total Rewards – Quinn offers competitive pay and benefits in addition to other rewards including profit sharing and training
• Career Advancement - Ongoing technical and managerial training means dealer technicians follow exciting and fulfilling career paths
• Advanced Training – Whether you’re a skilled or entry level technician, Quinn can provide you with education and training to further your career.
• Pride in what you do – Your helping maintain and repair equipment that has an impact on your community
• Great team environment – Quinn Company is a collaborative business that functions best as a team.
A Welder must evaluate machinery/components for necessary repairs; determine appropriate repair procedures and complete repairs as directed. He/ she must demonstrate knowledge of metals, welding machinery and rods, and proficiency with standard welding methods. He/she must read and interpret engineering drawings and blueprints and perform repairs/fabrication as needed. Duties may include the use of bore welding equipment. The welder will maintain tools of the trade as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Perform repairs with limited or no departmental supervision with higher level of responsibility for repair.
• Exemplary performer by providing proactive leadership role for the entire service department.
• Mentor and train welders within the service department.
• Assume ownership of difficult customer issues while maintaining integrity with Quinn Company and Caterpillar.
• Effectively interact with customers in a professional manner. Reassure customer of positive outcome with Caterpillar and Quinn Company.
• Effective interaction with internal customers such as sales and parts.
• Maintain positive behavior as a representative for Quinn Company and Caterpillar
• Possess tooling required by the service department.
• Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
• Work overtime as required by workload and customer needs.
• Demonstrate safe and proper application of hand, pneumatic and electric tools.
• Perform tasks from verbal/written instructions and communicate effectively with supervisor and fellow employees.
• Follow directions as given; follow company policies and procedures.
• Retain acquired knowledge, build competencies and share skills with other technicians.
• Treat customers and co-workers in a courteous and professional manner.
• Be responsible for personal development and training requirements for growth.
• Successfully complete appropriate training sessions as required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One-year certificate or A.S. degree from a community college or technical school; Ten plus years industry experience or equivalent education and experience.
Quinn is an Equal Opportunity Employer M /F /V /DV