WHO WE ARE:
NRC is a global leader in the provision of diversified environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions with a focus on providing highly responsive local service with the highest safety standards, innovative technology, modern efficient equipment and dedicated professional employees.
WHAT DOES SUCCESS LOOK LIKE AT NRC?
- We have a solid reputation that sets the bar high in our industry
- We’ve successfully developed a network of clients who value our services
- Industry knowledge and wealth of operation experience which allows us to provide a broad range of environmental, industrial and emergency response solutions and products
- An unyielding commitment to maintaining the highest operation and safety standards
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT:
Fundamental to everything we do is our commitment to valuing the talents of each individual and harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse work force. The people of NRC are committed to this partnership and are the cornerstone of our overall success. NRC provides a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off and much more!
We are currently seeking a Marine Mechanic to join our growing team!
Support Marine Services Operations by ensuring that all equipment is operable and maintained in a safe and effective manner at all times. Primarily will be responsible for overseeing the Maintenance Program for all Marine Services equipment, ensuring that all maintenance and repair (M&R) schedules are adhered to and ensuring consistency of Marine Services equipment purchases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the performance of mechanical inspection, maintenance, and repair work on gasoline and diesel marine engines, outboard motors, vessels, hydraulic power units, and related marine equipment and oil skimming systems.
- Inputs maintenance records into a preventive maintenance program for marine engines, vessels, skimming systems, hydraulic power units, and related marine equipment.
- Tests marine engines and equipment to determine need for repairs or adjustments.
- Works closely with the NRC West Coast Vessel and Equipment Manager. Provide him/her with weekly updates relative to maintenance status of the marine fleet.
- Supervises an apprentice mechanic as well as other marine technicians involved with the maintenance and repair of marine equipment, vessels, skimmers, and hydraulic power units.
- Mentor the marine group and ensure their continuing education of Marine Services vessels and equipment, to include vessel pre-trip inspections, proper operational procedures, and safe operation.
- Ensure that all Marine Services equipment is standardized with respect to outboards and skimmers.
- Purchases parts and supplies following all purchasing guidelines including obtaining multiple quotes.
- Writes specifications for and recommends purchase of marine equipment.
- Safely drive and perform safety checks on all vehicles for which licensed.
- Operates hand and power tools associated with marine engines, vessels, skimmers, hydraulic power units, and related marine equipment.
- Participate in the NRC on-call emergency response program.
- Understand and comply with company and client safety standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Requires High School or GED (or equivalent reading, writing, computer and reasoning skills) and minimum 5 years marine mechanical experience.
- Experienced in operating small vessels.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to safely operate all NRC skiffs and larger boats including 32’ Fast Response Vessel and Marco Skimmer.
- Must have the ability to be trained in operating assigned equipment including large hydraulic power units, centrifugal pumps, generators, and pressure washers.
- Must be a proven team-player, maintain strong communication skills, be a self-motivator, able to travel as necessary, and have a high mechanical aptitude.
- Education: Factory trained Yamaha Master Technician preferred
- Certified to operate a forklift preferred.
- Experience: 5 years supervising apprentice marine mechanics while conducting repair and maintenance on outboard and marine engines and hydraulic systems, preferred.
- Skills/Software: Yamaha and Honda Diagnostic Software, preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: Factory trained diesel Mechanic, preferred.
- Carbon steel and aluminum welding experience/certification preferred.
- USCG Six Pack or 100 Ton vessel operator license is preferred.
- Mechanical technician capacity, involvement in trade associations, preferred.
- Must be willing and able to travel and work extended hours including weekends/holiday in support of NRC's 24/7/365 operations.
Successful completion of a pre-employment background and substance screening process including, but not limited to, employment verification, criminal search and Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) search as well continued verification throughout employment to ensure that all records meet company policy standards.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in a drug free work environment to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic information, disability or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws.
EOE‐Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities